Issues' with Issues'

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by MelarianRi, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelarianRi

MelarianRi Registered Member

This may sound terribly silly.

I was browsing Yahoo! Images search engine to try and find a picture for my friend. I thought I found it so I clicked it and it turns out it wasn't. I press back and then my McAfee virus dectection pops up. So it asks me if I want to trust it or clean/remove it. I press remove and it says;

Program name: JS/Joke-Shake

File: dibujoanime[1].htm

File Path: c:\Documents and Settings\Owne...

Verify that the file is not write-protected and try again.

So then, it says that it was in my temporary internet files, so I erased my files and cookies. I check the file path, go to the file and it's not even there. Now I can type a thousand miles a minute, but I'm a computer idiot. So now I'm running McAfee Virus scan, I've still got the 'Remove/Trust/Cancle' window up. I'm not sure if this is something I should be worried about or if it's really nothing.

That is my first problem and the reason I'm here.

The SECOND issue is;

I have no idea where to post this for help. XD

If someone could point me in the correct direction, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: I am heading to work now, I am leaving my computer on so that I'm not forced to provoke anything. If anyone could help at all, I would appreciate it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Hi,

Clean you temporary Internet files with CCleaner (get it from here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/). I’d also disable McAfee shield (resident part) while running CCleaner.

Then run McAfee on demand scanner (just to be safe). That should do it….

tD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.