Issues' with Issues'

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by MelarianRi, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelarianRi

MelarianRi Registered Member

This may sound terribly silly.

I was browsing Yahoo! Images search engine to try and find a picture for my friend. I thought I found it so I clicked it and it turns out it wasn't. I press back and then my McAfee virus dectection pops up. So it asks me if I want to trust it or clean/remove it. I press remove and it says;

Program name: JS/Joke-Shake

File: dibujoanime[1].htm

File Path: c:\Documents and Settings\Owne...

Verify that the file is not write-protected and try again.

So then, it says that it was in my temporary internet files, so I erased my files and cookies. I check the file path, go to the file and it's not even there. Now I can type a thousand miles a minute, but I'm a computer idiot. So now I'm running McAfee Virus scan, I've still got the 'Remove/Trust/Cancle' window up. I'm not sure if this is something I should be worried about or if it's really nothing.

That is my first problem and the reason I'm here.

The SECOND issue is;

I have no idea where to post this for help. XD

If someone could point me in the correct direction, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: I am heading to work now, I am leaving my computer on so that I'm not forced to provoke anything. If anyone could help at all, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Hi,

Clean you temporary Internet files with CCleaner (get it from here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/). I’d also disable McAfee shield (resident part) while running CCleaner.

Then run McAfee on demand scanner (just to be safe). That should do it….

tD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.