issues free security kiss

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by david banner, Aug 1, 2016.

1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

I have free security kiss.300MB per day. Very often it will not connect so adapter has to be reinstalled. That enables ipv6 and changes DNS so i have to change DNS back. Is there any way to stop ipv6 being enabled or any quick way to see what DNS is used, instead of

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

First, I'd ask why it needs to be reinstalled. This is in Windows?

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

You may consider turning off ipv6 at the OS level, depending upon what you are using. One of the first things I do is write ipv6 out of the equation on my debian setups. No client can turn on ipv6 if its eliminated at startup. Rock solid and never a worry about "renegade" code in a client sneaking one past me.

Please don't take this wrong! I am suggesting investing 50-70 bucks a year in a great vpn provider and skipping past all that "handling" of data caps, logins, etc... Always on, always secure, forget about it and enjoy your surfing with peace of mind.

4. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I have only Internet protocol 4 checked on the SecurityKISS installed TAP-Win32 adapter. And have never needed to reinstall it. How to do is I guess to reinstall the VPN client software.

Check that this isn't your router firewall being with a too tight setting blocking the outgoing UDP port connections SecurityKISS needs to connect if using that protocol? That TCP port "service" should already be allowed with any consumer router I think.

Also I always disable Exclusive Tunnelling first before actually trying to change to a new vpn server or stop using the vpn connection. I like this feature a lot.

Antivirus company VPNs Freedome and Secureline offer in my opinion more quality vpn servers and they use their own DNS servers that fare well with excellent GRC spoofability test results. SecurityKISS servers are somewhat slower and I think their DNS is done by google servers. I am talking about those vpn servers you get when you pay a monthly fee.

The limited free servers might be more limited also with speed. Plus ScurityKISS is quite expensive. And the logging it does might be more than those other 2 mentioned.

Then again it has that strong Exclusive Tunnelling.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.