Issues after 2.12.2 Update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gtdriski, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtdriski

gtdriski Registered Member

On my Win98SE system, I received an error message when the 2.12.2 update ran. However, after rebooting my machine, when I opened NOD32, the system information showed I had version 2.12.2 for installed components. Then I noticed something odd. In the Contorl Center, I can't expand the "Resident modules and filters" or "Update" items. It looks like there is nothing there. The "Logs" and "NOD32 System Tools" expand just fine. Any ideas? Is there some way I can manually force the 2.12.2 update to run again? Should I just uninstall, download the latest version, and reinstall? Help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi gtdriski:

Uninstalling and re-installing would be the best course if your installation is corrupt (which appears it may be). Ensure you delete the files under c:\program files\eset before you re-install.

When pieces of the Control Center do not show themselves, that generally means the registry is corrupt. The Control Center values are read from the registry.

It may also behoove you to go into the registry and delete the HKLM\Software\Eset key after uninstallation (and rebooting).

Drop us a note on the outcome (this helps others with the same situation when they search the forums)!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.