Issue with running harddrive with ESET installed

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by alt, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alt

alt Registered Member

Hey guys,

I had ESET 5 installed and I had trouble running my WD harddrive passport which requires a password.

Immediately upon unlocking the harddrive, the computer would freeze and would require a restart.

I currently have ESET uninstalled, and the harddrive is accessible, I was wondering if there was a setting in ESET where it can fix this.

Thanks guys!!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What oper. system do you use?

4. alt

alt Registered Member

Thanks for the reply guys,
    I'm currently running on Windows XP, I'll take a look at that Cudni

Thanks again.

5. Marcos

There are several known 3d-party programs / drivers that do not behave properly and cause Mount Manager to lock up when installed in conjunction with v5. If you don't have any of the software mentioned in the thread pointed out by Cudni installed, generating a complete memory dump at the point a lockup occurs and supplying to Customer care would likely reveal the culprit.

6. layman

layman Registered Member

I have yet to see a technical explanation detailing what is improper in the functioning of those other programs that results in an unavoidable conflict. Absent that explanation, nothing much differentiates this claim from finger pointing.

7. Darlene123

Darlene123 Registered Member

I have this problem when I installed Nod32 AV version 5, none of my hard drives would be recognized and I would have to do a hard shutdown. I am running Windows XP sp2. I was previously running version 3 and everything was working fine, so I had to uninstall ver 5 and go back to 3.

I recently bought 2 computers with Windows 7 64 bit. They haven't been set up yet and I am looking for another AV.

Yesterday I took my hard drive to my daughter-in-laws house to try it on her Windows 7, with Version 5 of Nod32. The same thing happened there. Her computer froze and we could not access anything nor would it recognize the external hard drive. We couldn't even go into My Computer and the control panel was blank. We had to do a hard shutdown. The one program we both have and you might want to look into is Window Blinds from WinCustomize. Neither of us have any of the other programs you mentioned like Nero.
    Thought this might help and no I do not know how to do a memory dump.

I did want to know if I can still get version 3 for my new computers when they are set up and will version 3 run on Windows 7 64bit.
    Thank you,
    Darlene

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  8. Marcos

Hello,
    instructions for generating a memory dump are available here.
    A complete memory dump from the point of a system lockup / freeze should shed more light and help us determine the culprit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.