Issue with creating backup locations

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Brian222, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian222

Brian222 Registered Member

I am not able to create any new backup locations. ATI just hangs up instead of displaying the screen with the restrictions for the backup location. (Vista Ultimate - patches up to date. S-ATA drives using NVIDIA onboard RAID)

This issue began with using version 10 but my upgrade to the new version 11 did not solve the problem. Re-installing did not solve it either.

Since there is no error message, it is hard to figure out what can be wrong. The manual and automatic backup works without any problems.

Any ideas?

Regards,
    Brian

2. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

3. Brian222

CatFan,

thanks for your help! Unfortunately this does not help. The referenced registry key contain one empty value only. So there waas nothing to delete.

I deleted the remaining locations i.e. directories on the disk, but i still cannot create new one.

When uninstalling ATI 10 or 11 is there anything to consider, before reinstalling it?

Regards,
    Rainer

4. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Rainer,

In TI 10 (I don't know about TI 11), deleting a Backup Location by any means other than the TI Wizard could cause the problem you're having. Just as a double check, if you have any registry values as highlighted in the attached image, those are the ones that need to be deleted per Mustang's post.

Regards, CatFan

Attached Files:

• loc.jpg
      loc.jpg
      File size:
      48.6 KB
      Views:
  5. Brian222

CatFan,

I searched the registry and found the path. But there are no such entries.

Regards,
    Rainer

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brian222,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the problem persists with the latest build, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create a screenshot of the Device Tree application the following way:
    - Download and unpack the Device Tree application;
    - Run the application from "i386" folder (run the 64-bit version of Device tree from "x64" folder if you have Windows Vista 64-bit);
    - Completely unfold (click on all plus signs) the \Driver\partmgr and \Driver\volmgr branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items and create a screenshot.

Please also clarify, where are you trying to create Acronis Backup Location?

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

And as it was mentioned in another thread if you want to use the created Backup Location to store the image archive you should select the Backup Location from the drives tree (check the screen shot).

[​IMG]

8. Brian222

Dear Acronis Support,

yes, I have been a satisfied user for many years. (Without any technical issues and before Vista)

I have registered and the latest build 8.064 (German). This was the case with ATI10 too. I have also reported the problem via the German web site and added the output of the Acronis Report writer after generating the hang-up.

This is a few days ago and I have not received any response from Acronis support. Therefore I am not sure if it is worthwhile to repeat the whole procedure with the System Info and Device Tree and again. Doesnt the report writer incluide that type of information?

Regards,
    Rainer

9. Brian222

@GroverH,

I do not have an backup locations yet, so I cannot select them from the Backup Locations folder.

This is not the problem. My problem is related to generating new backup locations. But thanks for your help anyway!

Regards,
    Raine

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Brian222, could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Please note that Acronis Report is collecting information about a hard drive structure, the information about software components and drivers (that can be found in System Information and Device Tree reports) is not included. Please do not submit this information as new request but reply to automatic message with the case number that was sent to you after your first message to Support Team.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

11. Brian222

Dear Acronis Support,

the call is registered as #1355350. I did receive a an e-mail from the support team today requesting further information, which I have sent them.

I am glad that this issue is being worked on.:)

Best regards,
    Rainer

12. Brian222

These were the instructions I received from Acronis Support in numerous e-mail exchanges in the last 4 weeks:

1. install latest build of ATI11
    2. run msinfo32 an send the NFO file
    3. uninstall Internet Explorer 7.0
    4. uninstall Antivir, update SnapAPI, send DeviceTree Screenshot
    5. uninstall PGP
    6. delete all entries in FavoritePlaces in registry
    7. uninstall firewall
    8. uninstall Antivir plus firewall and install new build of ATI11, delete contents of local settings folder
    9. submit memory dump file and WER report
    10. update SnapAPI file and submit log file

I followed the instructions but none of them changed my problem with creating backup locations. It still does not work.

I do not have the feeling that Acronis is actually homing in on the problem. Instead I get the feeling that they are trying to solve the problem with XP and not Vista, because the detailed instructions keep on relating to XP and not Vista. Especially no. 3 had me lost initially, since Vista does not provide a deinstallation for IE7.

Regards,
    Rainer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.