ISSUE: after everything completed system does not boot

Discussion in 'Paragon Early Adopter Program' started by msavazzi, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msavazzi

msavazzi Registered Member

I've executed the Paragon Migrate to uEFI™ and migrated my primary disk to a test disk.

Excellent job as the origin partition and disk is bigger than destination. Everything was resized and copied fine :)

The issue is that when I remove the primary disk and leave only in the new GPT disk I get this error at boot time:

CDROM Boot Priority ..No Medium
    Mount and Select proper Boot device
    Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

If I insert a bootable CD it boots from CD :(
    But it does not boot from the GPT Disk.

Useless to say in the BIOS the boot order is
    HDD
    CDROM

Any idea or help?

Mb is Asus P6T6 WS Revolution

M

2. satisfy83

satisfy83 Registered Member

I have the same problem. After reboot the GPT Disk is not bootable. Same message.

Board: MSI P67A-C45 (B3)
    Disk: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 (ST3000DM001) 3TB

Only when the disk is formated as a hybrid GPT/MBR partition Windows 7 64 bit will start o_O. Tested with Acronis True Image 2011 and Clone Drive Option. Then i find a GPT/uEFI partition and a MBR partition but only a 2 GB windows 7 partition. Other 700 MB are not usable. i tried several settings and boot orders but now way to boot from the new disk. As this the program is very useless for me. It seems that some settings are wrong after the clone process. There are also no partition letters. Don't now if this is necessary but a manual override with a posible letter has no effect. Result: wrong migration with useless disk/partitions :blink:.

Is there any other method? Any idea?

Greetings at all

3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Insert a DVD with the version of the OS you have installed, boot from it, access the recovery tools, "Command Prompt", and type:

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    exit

hope it helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.