ISPs should quarantine infected computers, researchers say

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ronjor, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Excellent article and excellent ideas.

3. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

ISP should see to their bussiness of providing quality internet access to their customers.

4. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

I love their solution. Because they can't catch criminals, most of them are out of their jurisdiction and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these are state funded (I don't believe that there's only one guy behind that Zeus botnet), they want to tape/snoop more of your internet traffic.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I haven't read the article yet, but over here in Holland, providers have been blocking infected PC's from the Internet for years. Of course a lot of people get mad, because they sometimes get told they will have to reformat the whole PC before they will get their connection back. :)

6. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

^That's only if your malware is hammering your providers network, by spewing out spam mail or being an active part of a DDOS.
    If it's 'network-neutral', like being part/victim of a bitcoin-malware-botnet or banking-malware-botnet, your ISP won't act.
    The dutch national police HighTechCrimeUnit has issued warnings towards individual users (in one case of banking malware) by taking over C&C servers and placing warnings.
    That was incidental (and heavily disputed from the legal pov with servers on foreign soil) and something completely different than giving all ISPs such a permanent role.
    And;
    Oh wait. Might grow tired, might cease to care.
    Yes, let's change our current customer-ISP practice, based on two conveniently unfounded assumptions.
    As stated above, an ISP should provice quality internet access.
    And if you mess that up yourself due to an infection, then an ISP can step in, afaic

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes of course, because only then providers will now that you´re infected, not? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.