ISP INTRUSION ALERT

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by DEAN, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEAN

DEAN Guest

After much frustration with my ISP and their so called hacking activities as you guys saw in Max Security FW Rules Win98 I thoought you should know that I finally stopped them. They were doing their thing actually before they initiated the connection using java as I found some code fragments that were written in to the directory structure as I blocked their activities.
    I stopped them by removing java from my computer and rebinding in Dial Up Networking to Netbui with require encrypted password, right after connect authentication.
    I have also removed many EXE files that I never use. So if funny things happen on your computer after you connect and after as they write these policys or whatever onto your hard drive, now you know how.
    Also, am using a free tool called MBRTOOL which will save your MBR and restore it to when you first FDISKED your Drive every time you boot, of course I always flash the Bios every time I boot also.
    Thanks to Phantom for his meticulous ruleset for LNS.

DEAN

2. StAnger

StAnger Registered Member

If this is another attempt at trolling: you are good at it.
    To satisfy my curiosity:
    • Do you know the security implications of using NetBeui?
    • What is the advantage of removing Java as opposed to not allowing it when online?
    • How and how often do your flash your BIOS at boot?

3. dean

dean Guest

Just going by what GRC.COM says. Next time you have a mystery on your Computer, you will know how.

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Dean,

If you are looking for assistance, specifics will be required, not vague accusations and innuendo. This has been asked of you before and still is not forthcoming. Posts such as this benefit no one and are not constructive in any way.

As mentioned before, if you have any concerns with this you can contact me via the email in my profile.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.