iso image for VM workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pdr, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdr

pdr Registered Member

Hello All:

This might be a silly question, but I have searched the forums, and have not really found an answer to my question.

I can create an image of my hard drive onto DVD; this produces the .tib file. It all works very well.

I would like to be able to set up a copy of my hard drive, but running in a virtual computer, under VMware workstation. I think that I can use an .iso file to create my virtual computer under the vmware workstation. But I need first to know how I can use Acronis to create that file.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if you would like to migrate your physical system to the virtual environment we would recommend that you use one of the corporate versions of Acronis True Image in conjunction with Acronis Universal Restore. Using the above products, you can perform real-to-virtual and virtual-to-real computer migration in the same way as with real systems.

If the virtual hard drive uses SCSI controller, you should provide appropriate drivers while performing system restore to the virtual machine. For example, the widespread VMware environment requires Buslogic or LSI logic drivers. Use drivers bundled with your virtual machine software or download the latest drivers versions from the software manufacturer website.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image to see how the software works on your computer. If you would like to obtain the trial version of Acronis Universal Restore for testing purposes, please submit a request for technical support.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.