iSafer - Winsock Firewall 3.0.0.1

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Paul2, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

Winsock Firewall is used to protected your PC against spywares, spamwares. It is also a good example for software developers to understand the basic knowledge about the firewall.This is a Firewall which runs in winsock layer - Winsock firewall is a filter which checks all the network packages against the specific rule set.Winsock firewall can be used to check and block Spywares, Adwares, etc.. running in your PC and stealing your privacy!!!

http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=47&shownews=267

2. Arup

Arup Guest

I have seen this firewall before and it looked light and interesting and the rule making seems to be quite good, something on the lines of Kerio, have to see if it supports ICS mode.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Looks interesting, if rather simple, but probably effective. I'd like to try it soon and check it out. Looks like they just released a new version and have it starting as a service now, so that's cool.. Has some basic app control also. Might be promising... :)

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

A few hours later...

Well, I installed this one, and it is a steaming pile of dung. Excuse my language, but trust me.. ;)

5. ghost16825

ghost16825 Registered Member

I tried this when I began searching for open-source firewalls. When I shutdown the software, it continued to block traffic and could only be fixed with a restart. Plus, it's only Winsock which is the most 'narrow-view' of the network stack. Not effective and not functional. Avoid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.