Is your Linux slow?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by vasa1, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

What on earth are you talking about o_O
    Windows fanboys, "profiling people" , "intentions" ....

That post in sound problem thread was my first post regarding Linux.
    I had a problem (still have it) , I asked nicely about it, then responded nicely to a possible solution, then I said that it didn't helped and then I was "attacked" , like "I'm too stupid to figure out that solution" , "it must be working, you're the only one with that problem" etc.

But I guess I should have expected that , made an error in judgment posting about my "linux problems" in the first place.

Nice avatar btw.
    Don't tell me you're dual booting ?

2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

You just hate linux plain and simple and none of the working solutions will work for you no matter what, plain and simple. Fortunately most Windows users are sane and don't bother with exception of few annoying ones here.

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Whatever OS I use doesn't change the fact that Sandboxie is an excellent program. I still keep it in memory of Franklin.

4. pabrate

Why would I hate linux ?
    So, what are you saying ?
    I'm lying about sound problems ?

Why do you linux gurus have that burning need to attack people ?

In a few posts from here I bet I would be labeled as a devil worshiper with horns in my head and a tail in my freaking azz.

Jeesh .....

5. linuxforall

Nope you are saying the heavenly truth when you declare Linix desktop is ages behind Windows. Thats the FACT for you.

There are Windows gurus and rank Linux amateurs.

6. pabrate

Oh, I see now.
    Okay, shouldn't have said that and I'm sorry.

I promise I won't "bother" you guys again.

7. linuxforall

Do bother us as much as you wish in case you do try out the solutions as suggested, multi channel sound works like a dream even with obscure chipset cards in Linux.

8. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
    You just hate windows and no working solutions will work for you. Plain and Simple.

9. linuxforall

Never said I did, I find it slow and have no use for it, but I dont troll in M$ forums and threads like you Windows fanboyz do shamelessly. No wonder M$ put up a tent right opposite to the FOSS show in Japan, what a bunch of rank losers.

10. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

But you do troll in the Linux forums that I read. Who the **** are you to tell me that I can't respond on this forum.

11. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Linuxforall is the definition of what's wrong with the Linux community.

12. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

I couldn't agree more. I'm just glad I switched to Linux before he joined this forum.
    I hope you don't think we're all as juvenile as him.

13. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I can't believe this guy, really. He rants on and on about how Windows users come and ruin threads, yet he starts the arrows flying by making stupid a** comments about it. Give me a freaking break with this "i7 and 8Gb running too slow with Windows 7"...are you really that stupid? If you're going to complain about performance, at least be realistic. By the way, he isn't all that's wrong with the Linux community, he's all that's wrong with this section of the forums. There are plenty of real Linux gurus and fans that would tell him where to shove a very sharp stick.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  14. pabrate

Exactly :thumb:

15. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

No I'm sure we don't and I know some very helpfull Linux users, but this guys(linuxforall) been drinking some strange koolaid.

16. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Agreed. There are several really helpful, smart and kind folks here who have worked through past Linux issues with me and given me advice when I first started playing with Linux back in 2004/5'ish.

17. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

And let's not forget the magic ignore button.
    It does wonders, except maybe hiding quoted ignores ... :)
    Mrk

18. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Oh, yeah I don't think that don't worry =p

19. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Point taken :) But still, lol, it's a little ridiculous.

20. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Same here.

21. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

I love Linux, the first version I used was one of the earlier Mandrake Linux ones (I can't remember which version though). I'm also secretly proud of it since you can consider it European made (US companies like Google/Red hat/Novell helped/helps it a lot though). But it stings me to constantly get accused to be a "M$ fanboy" when reacting to a Linux thread by someone who treats Linux as a religion (to quote: I convinced my father to leave the dark side. Talking about Windows) instead of a tool. The only reason these days I come on these forums is because of Mrk (I love the honest and neutral POV in your articles).

22. adam993

adam993 Registered Member

Hmm I have an old notebook (Toshiba M45) and my PCLinuxOS KDE (desktop effects enabled) is working very well. I can't complain about performance of my favourite distro :thumb:

BFS is cool :thumb::thumb::thumb:

23. linuxforall

Why don't you and other Win fambois admit that life is too lonely at the M$ side and therefore you decide to come troll here. There is nothing constructive from any one of you except to smear plain and simple. Those who are true Linux users ask relevant questions and make constructive criticisms when and where needed, they also provide valuable feedback for further improvement. What do you M$ trolls do except make silly statements like Linux is slow lies when 100% of you haven't even used a Linux distro once in your life. Go spread your lies somewhere else trolls. Whats the matter, Ballmer not doing enough song and dance routine for you all?

24. linuxforall

Classic line of a Win fanboy.......I love LINUX but...............:argh:

Windows is the holy grail here, if you don't use the God's chosen distro, you are not going to heaven:D

25. linuxforall

Yep as you are on mine for good ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.