Is your code REd or pirated a sign of success?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sully, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I had a good suprise today. I made a tool called SG-Menu a few years ago, just a little tool I used to help me not have to mouse so much when coding etc.

Anyway, a fellow from China was asking a question about it, and I answered. Turns out he found my version (4.1) and a newer version (5.1). The new version, not hosted on my spartan website, has a few changes, but is very much the same program. Either someone recoded it in another language or reverse engineered it and modified it. They even left my "2010 SG Enterprises" in the binary description.

Anyway, since I did not set out to make any cash from that, it doesn't really bother me. Actually, it may be a sign that I made something worthwhile - at least worthwhile enough for someone to go to that effort to modify.

Argh matey! Them thar be pirates o'comin! lol!

Sul.

2. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

It would be hard not to see it that way. If it wasn't worth using, it wouldn't be worth copying. You must have done good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.