Is xerobank XB Browser USB Portable?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by professormoocow, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. professormoocow

professormoocow Registered Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Is xerobank XB Browser truely USB Portable?

Can I run it off a USB stick without installing anything to the host computer?
    I've been running Firefox since v1.5 from a batch file with the -p profile switch. With it I save my profile to the usb stick off of \Firefox_2.0_Profile. No surfing history or anything else ever gets saved to the host computers drives.

Does XB Browser place anything on the host computer? If so how can I get it to save it to a USB stick folder?

Ever will there be a truely portable version released in the PAF format (like those at that installs directly to a portable USB drive and doesn't make any changes to the host computer?

Are there any command line options I could use with XB Browser?
    If so please post them all as a seperate post.

Also I had a devil of a time trying to download the program with either Firefox from the batch or Firefoxportable v2, and V3. Please see if it can be posted to a couple of FTP mirrors. I was doing all this at my college library. If I hadn't stumbled across a copy of "Opera-Tor" that didn't get blocked I could have never downloaded it. It's sure a whole lot faster than "Opera-Tor".
  2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Yes, you can install xB Browser directly to your USB drive with no non-superficial writes to your drive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.