Is WinXP System Restore compatible w/ Acronis TI 8?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Birdman, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Anyone know if WindowsXP System Restore is compatible w/ Acronis TI 8....and is it RECOMMENDED to have it enabled together with ATI?

Currently I have it DISABLED, but should I enable it?

Thanks.

2. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Since XP restore is part of the OS and would make restore points on your hard drive, I would assume by using TI and imaging the hard drive or partition containg XP would also cover those restore points.

Basically, by using TI you are making an identical image of your hard drive as it is at the time of image creation. So the answer would be yes since the restore points are part of XP...

3. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

I agree, just as long as you don't restore back to a point from before you had TI installed. Who knows what would happen then. lol

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Windows XP system restore works just fine with Acronis TI 8 and 9. I have tested it and when system restore, returning to a previous day, completes any scheduled TI backups will run again. I was initally surprised but it makes sense that one's newly restored system should be backed up afresh.

Xpilot

5. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know how to DISABLE auto scheduling with WinXP System Restore?

Currenty, my system creates and saves "system check points" evey day or so....but I want to save restore points MANUALLY and not have the system do this.

Is this a settings issue?

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That would be a good thing if you find a way to do it. I haven't seen any opitions to make System Restore points manually only.

One point, since Restore Points can accumulate and take up hundreds of megabytes, I use Disk Cleanup and on the More Options tab delete all but them most recent Restore Point before doing a backup image. I do this to keep the backup as small as possible.

Of course, this assumes that your system is running well, so that there's little chance you would want to use a System Restore point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.