Is Vonage Spyware ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have saw on the internet some claims that Vonage is (or supports) spyware which actually is part of the reason the monthly service rate for Vonage is so low. Has anyone tested Vonage to see if it downloads malware/spyware onto computers or if the Vonage program tracks a user's internet sites?

Also, is it possible Vonage was once associated with spyware but no longer has such association?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

great link Ronjor
    i had no idea they where buying spyware and using it to advertise vonage.
    lodore

4. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Both my girlfriend and I are long-time Vonage customers and we are both very happy with their service. At first, I thought that this thread was insinuating that vonage users were at greater risk of acquiring spyware. Now that I've read the article contained in the link above, it seems that what Vonage is being accused of is engaging in the use of spyware, or spyware like, tactics for the purpose of marketing.

Not that I condone the use of these type of unethical marketing techniques, I most certainly do not. However, it is significantly less culpable than screwing your customers over, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.