Is Vipre compatible with Returnil?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Yanick, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Hey,

So, been thinking.. Is there eny known compatibility issues with vipre (premium) + returnil?

Contacted vipre support about this and got reply to uninstall other antivirus before using the other :p So, does vipre work okay with returnil's virus guard or not?

I have buyed version of returnil and vipre premium.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Yanick and welcome to the forums :)

Don't be too hard on their support team as their reply is good advice for the majority of Antiviruses out there; just not for the Virus Guard component in RSS ;)

You should have no problem running RSS and Vipre together on the same system but I would suggest that you deactivate the real time protection in Vipre while you install RSS. In other words, configure the real time monitor in Vipre to be off until you restart it yourself (right click Vipre's tray icon and select the option to deactivate the monitoring) following the complete install of RSS plus the required reboot to properly install the virtualization drivers for RSS.

If you encounter any issues (just in case) uninstall Vipre with restart of the computer to complete that task and then completely install RSS with restart. Once RSS is installed, reinstall Vipre and you should be good to go. This second option is only needed on those rare systems where order of install is important. In the majority of cases this should not be needed but I offer the note as a "heads up" should you encounter the unexpected.

Mike

3. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Hey and thanks :)

Nah, im not. Vipre's support crew is one of the best ive encountered, wasnt my intention to show disrespect :)

Thanks a bunch mate, you really helped :) everything is working goody goody :D except for some slowdowns.. guess i might have bit too much stuff in here (security programs). mbam pro, sas pro, outpost fw, vipre prem(fw disabled), winpatrol pro, avast dosent have eny shields etc installed or active (on demand), returnil. Eny of those have eny known conflict?
    Sry for writing bit badly.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

That is indeed, allot of security programs...

The only one in the list that might cause some issues is Avast!, but that is most common when order of install is the determining factor. If all is running well, then there should be no issues later. Just remember to temporarily deactivate any real time monitoring in the AV you are using at that time as the active scanner when there is an upgrade for RSS to apply.

5. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Heh, yep :)

Alright, thanks il keep that in mind. Thank you for helping it really helped :)
    Shame i didnt find returnil earlier :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.