Is trial version full functional? Can I restore after trial period expires?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Vanguard, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanguard

Vanguard Registered Member

I understand that I can download a trial version of Acronis True Image. Is it FULLY functional, or is it crippled? Once the trial period expires, persumably that means that I cannot run the program anymore. But does that mean that the images are completely worthless after that point (until I buy ATI), or will just the restore work (providing that ATI actually provides a separate restore program or makes bootable the backup media, like CD-Rs, so I can use them for recovery)?

I'd like to start trialing ATI but it looks like I'll be gone after next week for a couple weeks for off-site training. By the time when I get back, the 15-day trial (damn short!) will have expired. If everything of ATI becomes disabled, even restores, then I could come back to find that the host is hosed and I have no way to recover it. If this is true, I'll have to clone the drive before leaving since that won't rely on anything of ATI to recover the host.

We are having a problem getting Drive Image 2002 to work. Was working before, can't get it working now, want to dump it and trial something else before committing, but want to save an image before leaving that is still usable when I get back. I don't know if I'll go with ATI since I'll only have a week (which is already going to be busy) to look at it. The boss wants Ghost 9 but I'd rather use ATI *if* it meets our needs and works on our setup.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello again Vanguard,

You cannot restore your main system partition using the bootable rescue disk created by the trial version of TI. However if you contact support@acronis.com and explain your requirement, they will probably provide you with a link to download a time-limited ISO of a fully working bootable rescue CD.

Regards

3. Vanguard

Vanguard Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I can try that but if I can't get the time-limited restore version by mid-Friday then I'll have to go with the drive clone solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.