Is TI 9 ready for use? A poll.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PhantomVette, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomVette

PhantomVette Registered Member

I have been happily using TI 8 and would like to change to TI 9 if its reliability issues have been addressed. Have I waited long enough? Think of it as a poll. Thanks!

Yes - change to TI 9
    or
    No - stay with TI 8

2. mu30286

mu30286 Registered Member

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am useing TI9-3666 and it has worked flawlessly so far. It backed up to DVD with no problem.

bigc

but everyones experiences are bound to vary a bit because of the difference in the setup of the different computers. software/hardware. But it is working well here.

4. PhantomVette

PhantomVette Registered Member

mu30286,

Thanks for the pointer. Looks like the current version of TI 9 still has some problems. On the plus side, TI 8 is solid. I see no reason to use an old version of TI 9 on the hopes that it is better than the current version of TI 9. I will just stay with TI 8. Moan!

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

to bigc or any other using build 3666 - does teh rescue cd work well? is backup and recovery from a partition/drive fast?

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I can't go back to TI 8,not because I don't want to. I bought Acronis TI 9 build 2337 in January 2006, TI 9 still has a lot of problems. I am tolally new to backup software, I Think since there is SO many problems they should come out with a entirely new build number after they overhaul TI 9, not just a refreshed version.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  7. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Same as bigc73542 - no problems with 9 (3666) which I have tried on 4 different set ups.

Versions following 2323 made restoring very slow on one machine but this was resolved by 3666.

If 8 works ( and I still have one machine using 8 and one using 7) then make a system image and try 9. If it works then use 9 - if there are serious issues then go back to 8 or 7 and wait for the next build of 9.

I have only been using TI since version 6 but every so often Acronis issue a build which has issues for me but these issues are normally resolved in the next build or the one after that.

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

There should be a new build soon so that, at a minimum, the Task editor can be fixed so that it can edit image tasks.
    Other than that, 3666 seems better than previous versions, even improving DVD backup, at least for some.

9. divedog

divedog Registered Member

Haven't tried TI9, I have had no problems with TI8. I figure if it aint broke don't fix it.

10. Carver

Carver Registered Member

After Acronis tests TI 9 making sure is works solidly, then they can issue a new build to clear the air (so to speak)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The rescue media disc I created with 3666 worked very well when I booted with it to make sure it worked :thumb:

12. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

thanx bigc. maybe ill give ATI 9 a try.

13. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I had restoration problems with Version 8 and 9 (trial). I really like the program and as soon as it runs properly, I will buy it again.

<snip>

edited to remove off-topic comment - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.