Is this Version 2.7? BlackSpear's Settings Options not visible?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by User_1900, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User_1900

User_1900 Registered Member

I have a question regarding what version I am using....I downloaded what I bleieve is version 3.0.621...this may be ESET NOD32 and NOT NOD32. Now, I've been used to "version 2.7" which I have been using for the past year. And I want to install it on another machine now so I downloaded the "latest" version available and I guess this turned out to be version 3.0.621. I immidiately looked for BlackSpear's Settings Thread but after installing it, and restarting, I got a completely different interface and cannot access the options listed in BlackSpear's Settings Thread.

1. Do I need to customize the settings or am I "just as safe" just leaving it without making any customizations?

2. If I install NOD32 2.7 could I then ALSO install ESET 3.0.621 and import version 2.7 settings into version 3.0.621?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Stan

2. warlord2000ad

warlord2000ad Registered Member

Not 2.7 and Nod 3.x are different. its a major upgrade/change so the GUI is different. blackspears settings are for 2.7 only.

1. Nod 3.0.621 i would say is safe as it is/

2. No

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I believe the settings of the v3 are basically set at I would call a medium settings are ok for most users and will protect you well.but can be tweaked for more aggressive settings.I believe the settings of v3 are about equal to 2.7 before tweaking or at least pretty close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.