Is this safe?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by jpcummins, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I receive and send email via Outlook Express. I only open email that I receive from individuals I know and trust. However, there are times that I receive email from individuals involved in groups that I belong to. Sometimes I do not recognize these emails but suspicion they are legitimate. If I have any doubts I have taken to reviewing the email properties to see if I recognize the individual. My virus checker is configured to check email. Is this a safe practice or am I fooling myself. As always any replies will be appreciated and I thank you in advance.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Yes it is safe practice.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have been using Mailwasher from Firetrust http://www.mailwasher.net/index.php for about 10 years, and have never had an unwanted e-mail get past me. Check out the web site for an explanation. :D

4. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I think it is always wise to analyze all email even those from legitimate sources. There have been many times when other sender's systems are infected and they send an infected email to you unknowingly.

5. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Yep. Many email worms send the malware (or the links to the exploit sites) with the address of the person who got infected (or somebody in his contact list). Trusting all the emails where the sender's address is known is NOT enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.