Is This Right??

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by kennyboy, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

Interesting Comment Pete.
    As someone who wont be installing Vista for a long time could you explain what you mean?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well first of all I wouldn't install vista for a play without an image to undo the whole thing.

Microsoft seems to have deemed necessary to remove from our control easy ways to set up like you did, and give us big helpings of uninstallable stuff like Windows Defender. Least wise I couldn't find a way to get rid of it. It took me a while to even stumble into something like explorer(My Computer) where I could even look at my C drive perse. And boy you are going to need horse power. I have an Athlon FX62, two Nvidia 7900 GTX cards and a raid 0 configuration, and instead of really being peppy it was mushy. Vista is real pretty but....

It's going to be a while for me also.

3. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

I had a feeling that MS were trying to take a bit more control over what we could do with their OS.
    I am happy with XP, and still learning a lot in it. Besides....I dont have the horsepower!!
    Thanks for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.