Is this possible with Acronis TI ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Don Pelotas, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I know that you can't make a bootable rescue DVD with TI ATM (will in be possible in the future, if so when?), i have seen this thread about making one, but it's a too much work if you ask me when you buy TI to do the job in first place (kudos to the guys who made it, btw).

So my question is this:

If i make a DVD with TI and make rescue diskette(s), would i when the need arises be able to lowlevel-ormat my computer, bootup with the rescue diskettes and restore via the DVD i made? Or is the way that Wdormann & Menorcaman made it the only way? :)

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Don,

No problem - this is one of the ways TI is designed to work. You don't even need to low-level format first.

Just create the TI bootable rescue media (floppy or CD-R/CD RW) then create an image of the whole of the source drive (to ensure the newly restored drive is bootable) onto DVD(s) using either of the two methods detailed in this <Acronis Online FAQ>. Remember to use TI's Check Image Wizard to verify the image immediately after it's written to DVD(s).

The self contained bootable rescue DVD(s) that you refer to is a nicety that keeps things together in one place and saves having to swap out the boot rescue CD during a restore.

Regards

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Thank you, Menorcaman. Exactly what i wanted to "hear", i'll download the trial and see what it's like. :)

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.