Is this possible? (about creating an image)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nazgulled, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nazgulled

Nazgulled Guest

Hi,
    I really like acronis true image to backup my hard drive, however, I have some questions...

My hd has 26Gb of used space and my full back with High compressions resulted in a 19Gb file... Now, what I want is to omit some folders from the backup. Is that possible?

For instance, My Music folder has more than 7GB, My Videos folder has also 1Gb+ and the folder where I install all my games has some GBS too... All this space I didn't want to backup. All my music is also on my mp3 player, the videos i'll burn them later to a dvd+rw and the games I can easly reinstall them.

Maybe if I could do this, my backup file would be near 10Gb and that it would be nice :)

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

Something is wrong there. I backup @ the recommended "normal" compression, and it is about 50% of the actual size of my C:.

3. Nazgulled

Nazgulled Guest

maybe, cause when I choose the compressions level, the estimate done by acrons was about 12Gb... either way I really wanted to omit those folders and after that if the compression really worked, I would have a minimal backup and I could do it mroe often and maybe burn it to dvd... this wasy I cant :(

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Nazgulled

No, it is no possible to instruct Ti omit files or folders, It is best to move the folders before you create the Image.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sandokan,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

If you get this high compression ratio it means that you don't have any files which are difficult to compress (for example, audio, video or pictures) on the partition. Also it seems that most files you have there can be compressed with a high compression ratio.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  6. Nazgulled

Nazgulled Guest

too bad.. it would be a nice feature though...

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nazgulled,

We do have this feature in our Enhancement list. However, we cannot tell you when exactly it would be implemented.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.