Is this feature really in TI home 11?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hogarth27, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogarth27

hogarth27 Registered Member

When I read the info on the message offering the 11 upgrade, I thought I saw something that made me wish I’d had it a month ago (I call that The Month of the Crash) because if I understood it correctly, it wouldn’t have taken so long to get almost back to normal. A bit more thinking makes me wonder if I could still take advantage of it. Problem is, after I got 11 and installed it, I cannot find in the manual or on the web site any evidence that it exists at all. This could be because some, or maybe most of the manual’s language takes me a while to correctly understand (I’m no techie.)
    What I thought it said was that it could repair flaws in the backup file that otherwise would lead to a failure in the backup. Did I dream that?
    Yes, because of something bone-headed I did, when I tried to back-up the image, it told me it would take something like 29 hours (is that normal? An awful long time it seems to me,) sometime in the 25th hour it found a patch of bad files and just stopped.
    I had to use the rescue thing that killed everything since the factory, and was able to get almost everything in the way of files from my backup files, but I’ve been spending a lot of time cleaning up things and trying to remember how I got a lot of Vista problems worked around.
    So I wonder - if 11 does do some repairing, would it be a good idea to try the image again? Would it get rid of everything and back to a month ago? (Of course I’d save all post-crash files on one of my external drives, which is where the Acronis backups live.)
    Details. HP Pavillion, Vista, C:=291G (D: is rescue) External drives 150G & 500G.
    Backup first 99.8G, incrementals at 39.4G, 68.9G, 13.1G and 10.3G.

Thanks

2. Pinchas

Pinchas Registered Member

U can choose an option to ignore possible error messages during backup. However it is not possible to "repair" the existed backup if it is corrupted.

No it's not normal. try updating SnapAPI and disable antivirus/firewall software.

3. hogarth27

thanks for the info. However, I spent a fruitless hour earlier trying to find out what snapapi is, how to get it, how to use it, and if I had a server 9 I'd be there already, but nothing tells me how it has anything to do with TI 11.

I've entered exceptions in my firewall and virus etc., so we'll see how that helps the time factor.

Can you lead me to snapapi?

thanks again

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Check this link on where snapapi can be downnloaded from:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=179159#9
    http://download.acronis.com/support/SnapAPI_l_s_e.zip

---------------------------
    Edit update:
    Link above is version 3.1.0.329.

Extract from Acronis support posting:
    Please also note that Acronis True Image 11 Home is distributed with SnapAPI version 337 by default. Currently it is the latest drivers version. Link below.

http://download.acronis.com/support/SnapAPI.337_s_e.msi
    ----------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  5. hogarth27

Turns out I didn't really need that because the 11 version has snapapi stuff in it and working. I did a similar size backup today and it was a bit over two hours, which seems a bit more reasonable.

However, I'm really hoping that somebody sould answer the question in the last part of the original message, about going back to the way it was a month ago.
    Should I make that a new message, dealing only with the thing I'd like to try? I hope somebody can tell me to go ahead or warn me in no uncertain terms.

Thanks

6. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software

We'd like to inform you that you can submit a request for technical support if you feel that it is necessary to update SnapAPI drivers. You can also submit any additional questions if you wish. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 11 Home is distributed with SnapAPI version 337 by default. Currently it is the latest drivers version.

To hogarth27

Generally, Acronis True Image was designed especially for recovering data from images if any system/data crash takes place, so we suggest you to install free trial version and see if it works for you.

The detailed instructions about program usage are available in Acronis True Image 11 User Guide

Thank you.

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thanks Bruce for the FYI. I have updated my original posting to reflect the most current link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.