Is This A Kind Of Spying?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by tansu, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tansu

tansu Registered Member

Happy new year everyone..
    Here is the issue.

A couple of weeks ago I had a missed call on my cell phone. It was a witheld call, so I could not know who was calling me. After a minute or two, I had an SMS from my GSM Company. The SMS was a kind of spam. It was like " Do you want to know the number of your witheld calls, send an sms to some number and learn it bla bla"
    It seems they watch our call history.

Then today, just after calling my friend who lives in UK (I am in Turkey) another SMS appeared, saying: "Call UK numbers with the same price in your country..."
    I am sure they are watching our calls and send sms's related to our calls.

So is this a kind of spying activity?, my GSM company is the biggest one in my country. Nearly everybody uses them.

Thanks for your comments.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    ALL digital information - I repeat ALL of it - anywhere in the world is stored somewhere. Your company probably uses number bots that send advertisements to customers - like if no. of calls to UK > 3 then send SMS = "Did you know ..."
    ALL digital info is tracked. Spying? Well, no. You asked for their services. They have the right to do it. Spying would be doing that if you di NOT ask for their services.
    Mrk

3. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.