Is this a joke that the new 4.0.417.0 flags prevx edge as malware???

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by softtouch, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I have prevx edge installed since yesterday, and had nod32 v4.0.xxx (the version before the 4.0.417.0, for got which version number), and all was absolutely fine.
    Today, I installed the new 4.0.417.0, and the first what it did was to flag prevx edge as malware!

4/2/2009 2:33:58 PM Startup scanner file C:\Program Files\Prevx\prevx.exe probably a variant of Win32/Genetik trojan

IS THIS A JOKE?

I restarted twice, and twice it was flagged as malware.
    After the 3rd. start, it stopped flagging it.

Is nod32 a little bit to hyper sensitive? Some user might panic and allow nod32 to delete prevx...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you sure you have the latest version of the signature db 3982 installed?

3. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

Yes, 3982 (20090402)

Strange is that it stopped after the 3rd reboot... now all is back to normal.

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Same problem here. After a fresh install of NOD 32 V4 it flagged Prevx Edge as malware. It didn't give me an option to ignore the detection, and it removed prevx Edge from my computer.

5. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Can you restore it from quarantine? Do you have detection of potentially unwanted applications and/or detection of potentially unsafe applications enabled?

Regards,

Mark.

6. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

No, i can't restore it from the quarantine. I did have potentially unwanted software selected. I removed NOD 32 from my system. I'm using Avira again. I may try NOD 32 again when they come out with V 4.1....

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It's my understanding (via PrevexHelp) that NOD detects each new version of Prevex Edge as malware. Perhaps the respective vendors can put their heads together and fix this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.