Is this a good setup?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by nixie21, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

I have made posts to see what I can disable from realtime and after listening to everyones answers I came up with this solution..

Realtime:
    Comodo
    NOD32
    Greenborder pro
    Prevx1

using - spyware blaster, mvps host file, firefox, router firewall

On Demand:
    TrojanHunter
    Trojan remover
    superadblocker (I have a license thats why not sas)
    winpatrol pro

Is this realtime protection Strong enough?

Thanks

Also, is online Armor the same as prevx1? If so (or not) if I was to get it what would it replace?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

your setup looks fine.

as for OA, you can use it alongside Prevx1 or replace it. they do overlap but Prevx1 is quiet whereas OA gives you more control.

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Nixie21: You have firewall, AV, sandbox/virtualization app and prevx1 as realtime system, you might consider adding winpatrol plus and Superadblocker to realtime as well. These are why; winpatrol plus will alert you any new startup app, new services, etc since you have paid it already. Superadblocker has a SAS's realtime AS scanner(protecting you from kernel level) and ad blocking ability, again you have paid for it, right? As far as on demand system,you can add as many as possible as you like, but with your solid realtime system, especially Greenborder pro, those on demand apps probably won't have anything left for them to catch. :)

4. nixie21

Thanks, yes I have the license(s) (won at castle cops), thanks for the replies! AND No problem NOT running a AT?

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Nixie21: Trojan is still a threat, although not a much-talked-about topic anymore. Your TH and Trojan Remover scan will take care of it. If you wish ,you can activate Trojan Remover to scan system during window booting up or enable TH guard. I had these two apps and thought they did a little or virtually nothing(nothing were caught during 2 years I had them). Your NOD 32 and Prevx1 realtime can kick in if the situations warrant. Good luck.

6. nixie21

Thanks Perman, I just installed Greenborder pro, superadblock cpu started running at 95%, could not do anything on the computer until i shut it down, i will go post at sas forums...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.