Is there nowhere to get independant malware removal software comparisons?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by zoril, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoril

zoril Registered Member

For virus checkers the VB100 tests I find to be very helpful. Is there nowhere where I can find similar re comparative tests for different trojan malware removal software?

Comparing different products mean little to me unless comparisons are based
    on up to date tests defining detection success or failure rates.

......Howard

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Some tests have been carried out in the past but they have had very low sample sizes so definite conclusions could not be made.

Recently, only av-comparatives have tested a range of AT software with a large test-bed.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

@ scheinsicherheit there were some tests done last year (outdated now, that's the least you can say ... ) - but the site/forum should not be visited by not experienced users!! ...

but still those tests are, personaly, higher regarded then those inkt-cartridges tests ... just my 0.2 cents

4. zoril

zoril Registered Member

It is a real shame because while there are loads of posts comparing product A to B, the posts can often be subjective. Hopefully in the future there will be several sites that have independant reviews based on extensive testing and regularly updated..........Howard

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

For me, an average user, the AV Comparatives was a good test. As always those who do not like the outcome protest that it was not a good test in various ways.

But it is still the best we have, and I base my purchases to such in a large part as long as the program runs well on my system.

I have used Ewido for over a year, and was pleased to see it at the top. However, I am not married to any app, and if it were low I would ditch it.

Jerry

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

off course ... I think most of us would ditch a program if the results were bad. Personaly, I ditched a lot of programs the last three years :D but Ewido as a free on demand scanner is quite hard to beat!

7. zoril

zoril Registered Member

I have reached a point especially re malware programs and trojan checkers, where so many seem equally good, that I will have to decide which to re-subscribe to at the end of the subscription period. Currently most seem to be compatable with each other - unlike firewalls or virus checkers, where I only ever use one...

Re virus checkers, personally I prefer Nod32, but I guess others will feel different. Another point is that it seems one or manufacturers are considering introducing new software that has both virus and trojan/malware capabilities.

This will be an interesting development if it happens......Howard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.