Is there malware that can beat sandbox programs?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Subgud, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

any talk about OA breaches? im not trying to compare im just curious if OA is discussed on that forum as much as the products u mentioned?

2. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Mozart,

If you have file/app A (clean) and file/app B (infected) in the same sandbox, and you chose to recover file/app A (clean) onto your real system, file/app B (infected) remains in your sandbox. The malware in file/app B doesn't somehow leak out during the process of recovering file/app A.

Regarding your question if mpg files can contain malware, googling results in a variety of answers. Here's one: http://news.softpedia.com/news/MP3-Files-Aren-039-t-Safe-84954.shtml

3. guest

guest Guest

i run about 10.000 malware files tonigth with sandboxie (automatic process)
    sure, some malware bypassed sandboxie but i dont know which ones

4. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

A bit of pointless task then wasn't it?

5. guest

guest Guest

probably :)

but just it is my game,
    i want to find which malware can bypass sandboxie

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

But you didn't,if you don't which ones did. Your not supporting your contention very well at all!

7. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

FYI -- Readers of this thread may be interested in examining the Browser Appliance, which runs in VMware Player (free). VMware also provides other virtual machines that accomplish the same objective, which may be found here.

8. Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA Registered Member

I wrote a program to watch folders, the ones you specify, and raises an alert when a defined file type is created in the specified folders.

I wrote it to be used along with Sandboxie to know when a malware bypasses it.

If you want I can share it, you re-run your test, and you let us know what malware is able to bypass Sandboxie.

Let me know if you´re interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.