Is there anybody out there...who can tell me

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Avlis, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avlis

Avlis Registered Member

With so many people needing help, does anyone know what the average wait time is likely to be to have a htj log reviewed and responded too_O? In no way do I want to be pessimistic, but there are so many requests for help. So I'm just curious what reality is regarding likely time until feedback.o_Oo_O

Since I posted my log, (under section regarding adware spyware and hijack cleaning etc.)there are dozens of new people also needing help. How does this worko_O?

Thank anyone for responding!!!!! :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

U will find your answer near the bottom of the page at this link,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Hope this helps.

snowbound

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

As your post gets pushed down the list it is not forgotten. The experts that read the logs realize that the post's get pushed down and pick them from bottom to top instead of top to bottom. This is what I have read as to how they try to keep up the first come first served addage.They are very busy but they do an outstanding job in spite of it. They appreciate your patience since they work as fast as they can and still try be accurate in their diagnosis.

thanks
    bigc

4. Avlis

Avlis Registered Member

Thank you both Big c and Snowbound. You moderator types are fast. Hope I didn't sound impatient, just don't know what to expect. The info at the bottom of your link, snowbound, said I could bump the log after 24 hours. I tried to search on how to bump a log but did find an answer.

I hate to sound lame, but can you tell me how does one bump a posted log?

Thank you moderators for helping us fledglings. I am grateful for this service and will be glad to wait my turn. Happy to know the parameters too. :D

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

on the thread your log is on. post a reply with the content (bump) and it brings your post back to the top. It is not the word bump that does it the post actually does it.

6. snowbound

Bumping, just means bringing your thread back up to the first page.

All u have to do is post in your thread and that brings it back up to the top of the first page. Most people just post "bump" when this is the purpose.

Just to let u know, the log readers usually start a few pages back in a first come first serve basis so bumping your thread could give u the opposite affect. ;)

snowbound

7. snowbound

Doh, bigc is too fast for me. :D ;) :D

snowbound

8. Avlis

Avlis Registered Member

Got it. Thanks again.

9. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Just a suggestion -- and of course if snowbound or bigc or anyone else has a better idea, I'll happily stand corrected.

If you think it seems to be taking unusually long to get a response to your HJT log, try posting a brief new "Status request" thread with a link to your original one, rather than bumping the original. That way your original won't lose its "place in line", and maybe one of the experts will be kind enough to come back with an updated guess about how much longer to get to it.

10. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Mike,

The only thing wrong with starting a new thread as a link to the original will usually result in the new thread being locked or merged with the original thread. We do ask that members refrain from starting new threads for the same problem with the same computer, but stay with their original thread so there is no chance of threads overlapping - which can become quite confusing for those trying to help to have to search through multiple threads created by one member for the same problem. :doubt:

Also, just to add, some of the more recent infections can be quite difficult to remove and may need an advanced and well experienced Expert to handle with detailed step-by-step instructions for manual removal of such an infection, which can result in hour's of researching and posting of the instructions.

But we all do our best, and we're all here for one purpose, Members and Forum Staff alike, to help the best way we can and as quickly as we can. :)

Regards,

snap

11. Avlis

Avlis Registered Member

Hey, you moderators are great. I guess given the snapdragon's imput, I'll just hang tight. Or is it hang loose?? :cool: :cool: :cool: ...I'll wait.

Thanks for the help! :D

Avlis

12. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi snap,

I figured there had to be something wrong with my idea, but thanks for pointing it out. :cool:

And you raised an interesting and good point -- some logs are a breeze to analyze, and others are major work. So until one of you has had a chance to really get into a specific one, a time-till-response guess would have to be meaningless.

Best,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.