Is there any SW-FW that will allow a temp outbound connect thru a network range block

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jrx10, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrx10

jrx10 Registered Member

It seems it would be handy to have a "temporary allow-single IP" function with a right click on the FW icon in the tray that would allow a "session only" temporary outbound connection to a single IP to over-ride a network range block which includes that single IP . Sort of a temporary "single-IP-allow" setting of an outbound rule that could be quickly (and only) set from the FW tray icon, and perform the same function as setting this "single-IP-allow-rule" above the blocking 'net-range' rule which includes the ip in question, (with or without actually setting it above the blocked network IP range rule) , and then have that rule disappear once the browser is closed. If you had multiple IPs being blocked & logged, a simple window would PU with the blocked IPs sort of like when you click on the "S" no-script icon in your tray to choose which 'script to allow.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  2. hisb

hisb Registered Member

Re: Is there any SW-FW that will allow a temp outbound connect thru a network range b

As best I can understand the situation you described, I think Comodo and other firewalls can do this, but none I know of have the option of enabling/disabling a single rule at the task bar.

The next closest thing I can think of would be to create a rule for that program to always ask for a specified range. This way, when the program attempts to connect to the specified ip/ip range (or several other settings, if desired), it will pop up a request for input from you. I know Comodo can do this, but again, others probably can as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.