Is there a way?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JPM, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Hello.

I have NOD32 and was wondering is there a way to stop the NOD icon from loading in the system tray at startup? I have another antivirus program and I would like to use NOD as an on demand scanner with my other one used for on access but cannot find a way to stop the NOD icon from loading. I have shut off everything that I can find but it still loads at startup.

Thanks in advance

2. marti

marti Registered Member

In the program AMON >> setup >> security tab >> middle area >> uncheck "enable automatic startup of AMON."

I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing that this is the proper method. Reboot and check your running programs. I'm guessing again, but having the icon in the system tray without AMON running shouldn't cause any problems. Also, you do want the automatic update feature to continue, don't you? Before you uncheck the option, go into MSCONFig and recheck the options that you unchecked. Then uncheck AMON at startup, and reboot.

3. JPM

JPM Registered Member

I have stopped AMON from loading at startup and everything else that I can find is stopped from loading at startup. The icon still loads, however it is red showing it is inactive. I do not use the automatic update feature, I have it shut off as I update manually whenever a new update is available. I will look at MSConfig and see what I can find in there. I just can't see why the icon needs to load with none of the NOD32 features active but maybe there is no way to stop it.

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

If I remember correctly, on my Win98 system there are three items that I must uncheck in msconfig in order to kill the Nod icon. Good luck.

Acadia

5. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi JPM,

In order to disable NOD from loading, you must uncheck "nod32kui and nod32kernel" in "Msconfig" startup list.

rgds,
    Martin

6. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Martin,

Thank you for your help in this thread and another I have going. I have already stopped the two NOD32 files from loading and am now using NAV until ESET fixes the exclusion feature in NOD32. It was the only way to stop the alerts that I could find, so for now NOD will be on demand only and I will have to deal with the false positive on the one NAV file at the time when I scan with NOD. Thanks again for everyones help.

Peace

7. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi JPM,

Your welcome ;)

rgds,
    Martin

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi JPM,

the exclusion feature should be already working. Please upgrade your program components to the most current version (2.000.6)

9. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

So if I want to try out KAV, all I need do is disable AMON and IMON and uncheck nod32kui and nod32kernel in msconfig, then install KAV (after a reboot) - is that right?

That should prevent conflicts but save me the trouble of uninstalling (& later reinstalling NOD32). Please tell me if there's anything else I need do or if this procedure is unsound.

Thanks,

Caratacus

10. dRag0nMa

dRag0nMa Registered Member

now i use nod32 on-access+kav on-demand.
    no iMon no on-demand for nod32
    and both of them work well:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.