Is there a way to use LUA+SRP in Vista?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Feb22, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb22

Feb22 Guest

Hi,

I am curious, if there is a PROPER way to use LUA and SRP in Vista Home.

Anyone using LUA and SRP in Vista Home?

Can you guys perhaps tell me how to do it or give me a link?

Thanks!

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
  2. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

4. Lucy

Lucy Registered Member

Don't forget to have a deep look here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=200772

What applies to Xp does as well to Vista. Concerning protection of user startup keys, default system ACL (both necessary before implementing SRP to ensure a maximum efficacy), you will find valuable information.

5. Feb22

Feb22 Guest

Thanks all! :)
    I still have a question. o_O
    Does it work properly?
    Since there is no official SRP for Vista Home Premium K, I'm not sure if I should even start implementing SRP in the first place. :doubt:
    However, if it does do what it should do without any problems, then what the heck, I want to try it out.
    However, as Lucy stated, "Pease, do not do it if you are not sure of what you are doing",
    I'm not sure what I am doing, but I want to try it out.
    HELP!

6. Sully

Sully Registered Member

You should have no fear. It is simple registry values that are employed if you don't use gpedit or secpol. SRP also is bypassed during safe boot for xp. don't know about how that would work in vista though.

You should be able to merge in Lucy's default reg values. I believe tlu has one floating somewhere in Lucy's thread too. Then it is easy to add your own rules if you like. Reg values can be deleted. And if you take care to state the policy level as apply to users only, you can create a user account (LUA) and try to block IE or FF or something. See if it works, how it works, etc etc. Of course this will require you to have some experience with .reg files and the registry. but not a big deal really.

That is my opinion having done it now dozens of times on xp pro, xp home and vista ultimate.

Sul.

7. Lucy

Lucy Registered Member

+1

If something had to go very wrong, restart to safe mode nd undo what you did, or follow the steps I gave to zopzop in the very same thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.