Is there a way to see which applications need these plugins?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I REALly don't like REAL, but that's not to say that I won't keep these plugins if they are absolutely criticle. Off the top of my head I cannot think of why I might have (knowingly) installed these.

I think I know how to view all of the .dll's that a process calls, but I don't know how to see what process calls the .dll's, especially since they are not running. It is likely that I have uninstalled whatever uses these plugins. I want to delete them, but do not want to get blindsided a few minutes/hours/days/weeks/months later when suddenly the computer blows up.

I will attempt a search on the internet, but also am curious...is there no way your computer can tell you what program calls .dll's? I am thinking the answer is no, but it never hurts to ask...

- HandsOff

Attached Files:

2. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

they are actually ADOBE svg viewer plug ins so IE and real can use the adobe svg viewer files they also allegedly work in opera as well, but I'm not guaranteeing that

3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the imput, and I think you may be right. I found some old posts from people who had to install them in order to view SVG within opera. I am pretty sure IE uses the adobe 3 plugins, so it may be they were installed with Firefox. I will check it out

-HandsOff

4. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

HandsOff - if you don't already have it, try Kevin Solway's CleanSystemDirectory (http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/#clnsys).

This program scans for unused .dlls and can move them to a backup folder prior to final deletion. This may or may not help with what you're looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.