Is there a problem ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by carlspy, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlspy

carlspy Registered Member

When I open an e-mail message,on the bottom of it reads "This message was checked by Nod32 antivirus system". BUT when I go to the Nod32 Control Center and check on the EMON status, the status indicates that ZERO files were Cleaned , Infected , or even Scanned. Is there a problem ? I would expect the status to show the files had been at least Scanned. o_O?

2. carlspy

Yes I am using Outlook Express and the EMON enabled box is checked

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

carlspy

Your pop3 email is being scanned by Imon. From the faq.

What is EMON?

EMON (Email MONitor), a complementary resident module, scans e-mails incoming via MAPI interface. MAPI interface is used e.g. in the following e-mail clients: Microsoft Outlook 95, 97, 2000 (not Outlook Express) in the Corporate mode and in MS Exchange. MS Outlook 2002(Office XP) and Outlook 2003 are not supported in the current version of EMON. MAPI interface is used also when receiving e-mails from the Microsoft Exchange Mail Server via the Exchange protocol.

What is IMON?

IMON is a multi-purpose scanner working on Winsock level. It takes advantage of the unprecedent advanced heuristics and serves for:

1. scanning email received through the POP3 protocol
    IMON works fully automatically with any POP3-based mail client without needing to configure anything (in very rare cases, you may need to add another POP3 port which can be done in IMON setup). Possible infiltrations are detected before infected email is stored in your mail client's mailbox and IMON offers you an action to take (this is the default setting, but IMON can be set up to take the desired action automatically). By default, IMON modifies the subject of infected email by putting information about the virus before the original subject. This feature can later be used in your mail client filter (e.g. you can define a rule to delete all email previously containing a virus .

http://nod32.com/support/nodfaq2.htm

4. Oddbod

Oddbod Guest

Hi carlspy.

EMON is used for Outlook mail client, IMON is used for Outlook Express & general POP3 mail access, if you check IMON you will see yuor mailcount increase.

I use OE as amil client & unticked EMON during the install as i dont need it.

HTH

5. carlspy

Thank You both for your quick and Helpful replies. Just one more question:do you know if IMON would work properly if I were to switch from OE to Thunderbird ?? Thanks Again

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It will work fine. I personally use Calypso with all mail being scanned.

7. carlspy

Thanks, I'm going to try Thunderbird :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.