Is there a good program to perform Checkdisk on XP and keep logs?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by google88, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Yes, the two options in Paragon are the same as the ones found in chkdsk.

Yes, in Paragon you can queue your tasks. Paragon will not be able to check the system partition (partition with your OS on it) online, it will ask a reboot. But if you run disk check from paragon boot disk then you can do all your hard drives in one go.

Paragon disk check will correct all errors found both during a surface scan and a file system scan.

One more thing I want to add here is that I recommended Paragon partition manager, in place of now obsolete partition magic, to manage your partitions effectively. If all you wanted was to run chkdsk then the built-in windows one is the best one out there.

Also, you do not need to run a surface scan all the time. Run that only once a month or two. You may need to run a file system scan once a week on your system partition.

2. google88

google88 Registered Member

thanks dude

:)

I'll set a reminder in my calendar so i do the different type of checks with different frequencies

one once a week

and one every 2 months

its great that the paragon program lets me queue them

Many Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.