Is the NOD32 5 RC safe enough

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by QTronix, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QTronix

QTronix Registered Member

seems like they are happy with the RC at the moment as they have not released the final version yet or any updated versions, but as i use this as my main AV, can i count on it for good security like 4 for this amount of time? Thanks. Looking forward to the final release too.

PS: I'm new, hi :)

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I would say Yes it is.

Though you may want to wait a little since we have seen some indications that the Final may not be far away.

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

About freakin' time! :D It's been in RC for ages

Usually a Beta stays long but not an RC RC = Release Candidate meaning 97% ready :rolleyes:

4. QTronix

QTronix Registered Member

good news, well I haven't had any problems with he RC, works just like 4. And picked up on a dodgy website I visited and blocked the connection to it.

So yeah, final version should now be ready unless anybody else has had any issues, but haven't heard of any

5. gibradford

gibradford Registered Member

Will the final version install right over the top of the RC, or will it require a clean install?

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

I prefer to run the uninstaller, reboot and install the new version.

7. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I wonder if Eset will offer any special deals for version 5. When 4 came out back in gosh, 2007 they hooked me up with a tremendous offer. If they are, I will probably sign on the dotted line again. Even though I have not tried the RC.

If not, may go to another vendor but am hoping to stay with Eset.

So for those of you running it, is it that good? Nice updates from 4?

Thanks in advance.

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Absolutely, it feels some what more stable than the last version. Idk why it's just the feeling I get. :D

About an offer, ESET currently have an "back to school offer" if you check their US website. http://www.eset.com/us/

9. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

Hello Tropper
    I have been beta testing Eset 5 like many others,... and on my system it has been very stable, no big issues so far (windows 7 64 bit) and overall leave a very good impression of good solid craftsmanship. There are some features that I personally don't have a use for, or will use. The first is parental control, I can understand why Eset has included it into ESS 5, but at present time I have no use for it :D . The other thing that I at present time will not use is the H.I.P.S. function. Why, to answer that, I can tell that after having H.I.P.S. in learning mode for 14 days, and it went into interactiv mode, I still received tons of notifications popping up, almost driving me crazy. My hope and beliefs is that Eset over time will do a fussion of the H.I.P.S. modul and the cloud.
    For Eset's defense, I can tell that I have a very dynamic system and therefor after my opinion not really suitable for classic H.I.P.S.
    I have done some testing of the new version, mainly focused on self-defense.
    I've tested that feature by giving Eset lot of Rouges/fake Av's , because we know that these types of malware start with disabling your defense, and in that test Eset did great. (take it for what it's worth :) ).

Best Regards and have a nice day

NoobStick.

10. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Protection and performance are high, false alarms are low according to latest reports from AV-Comparatives.

11. Trooper

Thanks very much for your replies. Will see if I can get a decent price on an upgrade. Good to know that things are running smoothly and have improved since 4.0.

Cheers and thanks very much!

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

trooper, it is very good. I agree with NoobStick about the HIPS but time will tell. It is currently what I am using now, this year, this month, this day, this hour, this second.:doubt:

13. Trooper

Thanks man. I know you jump around a lot but cool to know you're running it. At least at this very second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.