Is the new jv16 dangerous or what?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Straight Shooter, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have to admit, I get a kick out the software developers sometimes.. I installed the new version of jv16 power tools... and it almost destroyed my registry! I couldn't burn cd's anymore, etc... I restored my back up reg files that jv16 had, and after rebooting, everything's fine again.. Now I uninstalled jv16 and switched to Regseeker.. Did anyone try the new jv16 yet? (I only deleted the green items...)
    DId you notice it's rather STRONG now? I have Win XP Home...
  2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

May 8, 2002
    State Queensland, Australia
    HI Straight Shooter.

I installed the new version and it's RegTool scanning seemed to be faster but more aggressive?

Can't really answer that, as I did notice it picked up two more entries that I added to 3 others I already had I was unsure of and NEVER DELETE.

I have these entries, which I am a little concerned about and I NEVER DELETE, as I did once, and my modem disconnected [coincidence?] and another program I had running in SysTray shut down.

apart from that I just delete everything else [have run it about 5 times already] and all OK. I figured that whatever it finds now, I can live without after having 5 sets of deletions and still working fine apart from the original 3 + 2 more entries I am unsure about which I just leave unchecked.
  3. :p

It deleted a LOT more than 2 for me, more like 72!!!

I wanted to see how safe it was, knowing I had a back up, I deleted them all, and the machine was crying! LOL!

Generally though, I prefer safe than sorry, I hate to say, like the symantec way... LOL...

I switched to Regseeker, they're both free..what the heck..
    Thanks for your input, I wanted to see if their are any "horror" stories out there...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.