Is the new jv16 dangerous or what?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Straight Shooter, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have to admit, I get a kick out the software developers sometimes.. I installed the new version of jv16 power tools... and it almost destroyed my registry! I couldn't burn cd's anymore, etc... I restored my back up reg files that jv16 had, and after rebooting, everything's fine again.. Now I uninstalled jv16 and switched to Regseeker.. Did anyone try the new jv16 yet? (I only deleted the green items...)
    DId you notice it's rather STRONG now? I have Win XP Home...
    :D

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

HI Straight Shooter.

I installed the new version and it's RegTool scanning seemed to be faster but more aggressive?

Can't really answer that, as I did notice it picked up two more entries that I added to 3 others I already had I was unsure of and NEVER DELETE.

I have these entries, which I am a little concerned about and I NEVER DELETE, as I did once, and my modem disconnected [coincidence?] and another program I had running in SysTray shut down.

apart from that I just delete everything else [have run it about 5 times already] and all OK. I figured that whatever it finds now, I can live without after having 5 sets of deletions and still working fine apart from the original 3 + 2 more entries I am unsure about which I just leave unchecked.

3. :p

It deleted a LOT more than 2 for me, more like 72!!!

I wanted to see how safe it was, knowing I had a back up, I deleted them all, and the machine was crying! LOL!

Generally though, I prefer safe than sorry, I hate to say, like the symantec way... LOL...

I switched to Regseeker, they're both free..what the heck..
    Thanks for your input, I wanted to see if their are any "horror" stories out there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.