Is the need for a dedicated anti-trojan dead

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Threedog, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

As long as you have the CPU and RAM to handle another layer without slowing down, then I say, Yes to the dedicated anti-Trojan. Trojans are the absolute worst thing that can infect a system so why not have another layer if your system can handle it. Layers is what it is all about; better to be safe than sorry.

Acadia

2. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

I think what we need is Products like Prevx to improve their track record with detection rates and we would then have several layers less to worry about...

However for those who cant figure how to stay safe, they should use everything at their disposal...

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

And how would overloading on apps help o_O
    That may cause overlaping,conflicts.
    I'm all for the layered approach :thumb: , but one must also be educated on the task at hand.
    What to install and why.

4. Hermescomputers

True, However few anti trojan's cause conflict of any kind.. think of Boclean. simple, easy and essentially conflict free.

However these days a good anti virus handles this as well so it's probably not needed...

5. arran

arran Registered Member

If you don't think Prevx is up to scratch in its detection rates then why do you promote it on your website?

6. Hermescomputers

The all or nothing approach doesn't work with me... The product is good, it works and it does provide "Other" security benefits, besides specific malware detection so as such it is a worthy application to recommend. Besides making a passing remark that it needs improvement doesn't invalidate it either...

Often time it will detect something it missed on next reboot the next day... still it does protect you, just not always real time...
    Also from a design perspective few security tools get close to prevx in scope and capabilities...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  7. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Thanks for all the feedback. Think I will drop the dedicated trojan apps and go with AV/HIPS combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.