is the keyscrambler addon for firefox legit?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by wutsup, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hi i was looking to add this to firefox which has WOT alreayd added on but i was wondering if key scrambler is a real addon or is it a keylogger itself?

sorry but i have another question....can i use root repeal on my 64bit vista system or is it only for 32 bit systems? thx in advance

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

its a real add-on, i use it myself.

3. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

its from QFX software right? and i installed the latest one and it shows up on the top left hand cornor in green whenever i type and in the tray icon it goes to yellow when i click outside firefox, that is normal right? and keyscrambler is suppose to install on your computer as well right( like it shows up in add/remove programs not just in the add ons in firefox)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  4. firzen771

yep thats all normal :)

5. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

i thought usually addons for firefox just install in the browser and dont install on the computer, but keyscrambler seems to install on the computer? anyreason for that? like its in the add/remove programs is that normal?

6. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

It's normal becouse keyscrambler it's a driver

7. I no more

I no more Registered Member

Keyscrambler premium looks like it covers a lot of programs (they say 130). What happens when you upgrade a program like Firefox or Opera? Does that mean you need a new version of Keyscrambler to cover the new versions?

I would really love something like Keyscrambler if it covered every program, including all versions.

8. firzen771

ye ive been wishing it wuld be a system wide program instead of working on a per application basis, hinders the product a lot.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I heard that was in the works, we will see.

10. Edvais

Edvais Registered Member

I have an issue with Key Scrambler, and couldn't locate a thread which dealt with it. There are time when Key Scrambler shows encryption in the actual fields where I am typing...like, doing its job backward.
    Any thoughts, or direction on this?

11. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I am using KeyScrambler Premium.

I have upgraded Firefox & Opera to newer version a couple of times, KeyScrambler still works.

12. inka

inka Registered Member

sometimes "doing its job backward". Yep, that's an accurate description of what I too encountered.
    Yes, other threads reporting problems exist, here in the Wilders forum and elsewhere.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=255889&highlight=keyscrambler

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257159&highlight=keyscrambler

Thoughts or direction?
    The standalone QFX keyscrambler is redundant with the keyscrambler feature provided by various security apps like Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, Outpost Firewall Pro (Or Outpost suite) and I believe even the Kerio firewall app includes a comparable (driver level) anti-keylogger feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.