Is the Ff extension that renders pages in IE still available?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I absolutely love Ff and have it customized so much that I could/would never leave it. Having said that, amazingly I still find pages on legitimate, high traffic sites that don't render frames (or whatever they are called) correctly. I ordered something on ebay this past week and the shipping address was one of my children's from my last purchase. The frame to change it would appear but the actual "Change" button was not there. I had to jump through hoops and go to IE. I've right clicked those frames before and in the context menu there is a "View frame" or something like that which will render everything but couldn't see it. I still shouldn't have to do that though or should I even need an extension. Is it something in my Ff setup perhaps? Any help with this annoyance would be appreciated!

2. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

3. ratchet

Indeed, thank you! Anyone know why Ff still even needs this? Why can't sites build their pages to render the same in Ff or IE?

4. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

IE Tab is much better

I use it to play MSN Games online, those only work on IE

5. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Why is it much better?

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

because let's say you are on a web page that requires to open a new window when you click on something, in my case, in MSN spades, after you sign in, then when you click on the Play Now button, the pop up opens in a NEW TAB which is what I want

in other IE tab extensions such as the one you mentioned it doesn't do that, the pop up would open in a new Window instead and I find that pretty annoying personalleh, this is one of the reasons I switched from Chrome to firefox because I hate that their IE Tab opens links in a new Window then it is very hard for me to view stuff in tabs in one window. and you cant right click on the Play Now button and choose open in new tab it forces it to open in a new window.

7. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Wow, a logical explanation that isn't just "because it's the one I use", nice. :thumb:

8. ratchet

But "Open in new tab" is one of IE T P options but if you don't care about the plus feature so be it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.