Is Tech Support still functional?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by asker24, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asker24

asker24 Registered Member

I have a difficult problem with TI as well as Disk Director not recognizing my hard drives. After a few to-and-fros with Tech Support they seem to have abandoned me without solving the problem. Are they still working?

[Acronis #843510] Find hard drives

2. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

They are almost non-existent lately in this forum.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, Acronis Support made 57 posts in this section in the last 4 days. That's not what I'd consider non-existent.

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I won't disagree that they have not posted but the lag in responding has been unreasonable in my opinion. I had posted about an issue a couple of weeks ago and never did get a response here. In some cases its several days without a response.

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I agree that 57 posts is not non-existent. However to offer a balanced view you should also be mindful of the number of posts made in proportion to the 57 posts. I haven't a clue how many were made, but it's not difficult to see that most of the replies are answering questions made 2 or 3 weeks back.

If the originator of the question has given up, moved on and bought a competitors product then each of the 57 replies might as well not exist.

F.

7. mfabien

Whatever the circumstances this week (this is the week I purchased and downloaded ATI 10), my attempts to get support were fruitless. At least we have this Forum.

I had a damaged "TrueImageService.exe" file and could no longer archive. Logic told me to use the setup file and press the "Repair" button. On the second try this action resolved my problem.

Why have they discontinued receiving request for assistance at service@acronis.com ? Too much traffic? Or does this action provide more purchases of support events at $29.99*per event? What's the problem at the Acronis website when you try to get support... they get you to turn in circles not getting anywhere. And Acronis TI 10 is such a good product!

8. asker24

asker24 Registered Member

Having tried the queen's knight pawn moves and so on, as suggested by Tech Support, I still have not solved the problem and they have not got back to me. My last message was just a request for clarification. As my problem is that TI cannot see any hard drives, the saved boot disk is also useless! I think I will have to clean out my boot partition, reinstall windows and consider whether or not to reinstall TI 10. The answer will probably be "yes" because I have so much stuff backed up that only TI can read. This is not a new problem to me - becoming wedded to a product because of its unique ability to recall data it backed up. I had the same sort of issue with Drive Image (eventually read the files with Ghost) and I am still battling to retrieve stuff I backed up with Win '98's Backup Utility, for example. This is an important issue to think about when selecting backup software. Monogamy may be great but I long for a little polygamy here. I would like my backed up files to be accessible by various pieces of software. If anyone has any comments on that I would love to have them.

9. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Yes, you are correct, it is an issue to consider. I have never seen imaging software that will read another products archive. I haven't seen file backup software that will either but I haven't much experience with those products so it may be possible. Ghost helped you out with Drive Image because Symantec (Ghost) bought out PowerQuest, the maker of Drive Image and future versions of Ghost used PowerQuest's technology.

I run strictly a home/hobby operation, ie, I don't rely on my computers for business. For me to have to go back and reinstall Windows and apps would be an inconvenience and use up some time. In fact, if I get a new system I always install everything from scratch so I get the garbage cleaned out and refresh my failing memory about XP and app setups.

For my important data files like spreadsheets, documents, photos, etc which are available nowhere else for any price I take more care with them. I do use a file backup program that may ultimately get switched to TI's Files and Folders backup in the future.

BUT, and it is a significant but, I make other backups to HD and DVD that are strictly done by the XP copy function or burning the files to DVD using Nero. This way I do not need a program to deal with a proprietary file format if all else fails.

I keep all the DVDs in an old spindle pack and just keep adding to the pile. I backup everything each time since the amount of critical data is not that large in my case (<20GB). I am not a real fan of DVDs as the only backup which is why I keep all the copies. I never use R/W DVDs for this purpose since my read failures have primarily been with R/W disks.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this previous post of mine regarding the delayed responses here on Wilders Security Forums.

asker24, I have replied to your PM and resent the e-mail from Acronis Support Team.

mfabien, please note that in order to contact Acronis Support Team you should log in to your account on Acronis web site and then use "Contact Support" section to report a problem with your product or ask a pre-sales question.

Please be aware that you should use the right side of the web page to enter the registration e-mail and password (check the attached screen shot).

Please also be aware that in order to improve the speed and quality of its customer service Acronis has introduced alterations in its support practices: we no longer accept new requests by email. All requests should be submitted via your account on Acronis web site.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  11. mfabien

Finally succeeded to login this morning.

First I had to click "Forgot my password" and I was quick enough on the second try to access my password from the e-mail message link.

Then I logged in. But there's no indication that I can see which confirms one is logged in. All I see is that same page where one is invited to Register.

But this time, clicking the Support link from the left menu gave me access to support and I was able to send a Comment message (because I was able to resolve my problem by doing a Repair using the setup file).

Acronis has a wonderful product and I'm satisfied to have it. But making your website procedure more understandable, when one needs to contact support, would be very helpful. In the meantime, the FAQ's could be of better help on this issue and could cover more areas such as the changing of drive letters by linux when using the rescue disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.