Is TDS-4 a high priority for you?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by richrf, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

Yes, and that is your personal point of view. In my personal life, I have been moving further and further away from the absolute point of view that I am always right. I always try to give my opinions a probability factor that I could be wrong....for I believe in nothing 100% or disbelieve anything 0%.

There may be people that do have the requirement to run a huge amount of security programs on their computer. From the tone of most people writing in this thread everyone seems to be discounting the possibility that the other has a valid point.

Every one's opinion is up to them but realize other people have different opinions and those opinions may hold validity. The point of view that people might need a lot of security software holds validity just the same as the point of view that a person does not need much security software at all.... it simply depends on the person, the time, the place and other factors that are RELATIVE....not ABSOLUT like coming from God on a binge drunk on their own knowledge of the way things are supposed to be

In my own personal world. I have been cutting back on the software that I am interested in because I like my computer to run faster but however, I am targeting certain things that I think or necessary.

Right now, my GF is behind me sleeping. My girlfriend is from Indonesia and the way they operate computers in Indonesia is well......atrocious. You should see some of the internet cafes there. In Indonesia I have been on computers so loaded with spyware and trojans that the computer was virtually unusable.....

Most of the Indonesian people I have personally met are not very security conscious about computers. So, here I have my computer....what I am going to tell my girl that she can't use my computer to chat with her friends? What am I going to do? Read her the riot act about computer security? Well, I could do those things but then I would have other problems.

I need certain security programs on my computer to prevent her from doing something that lacks "common sense". Now, common sense might say to not let her touch my computer but you know I sort of love the girl and like having her around so I don't want the emotional trauma of telling her no.

You know installing PG, turning on "block new and changed applications" and password protecting can stop a extremely high percentage of the bad things she could do on this computer. That is only one example....I don't count on PG for everything.....I hold other cards up my sleeve also.....

Everyone situation is different and I find most people on most forums pre-judge everything by basing things on what they would do and not the situations that others are in. Others can and do make choices different then mine and I must allow them to make those choices.

You and the others can continue to grumble over minor things that in the big scheme of life make little difference.....because it is entertaining. Believe me, I also get entertained by getting up on my high horses over issues sometimes. Over the past few days I entertained myself over "hooks" LOL.... but in the end "hooks" don't matter as much as my precious girlfriend behind me now. Now, if that sounds if it has a double meaning....well, it does....I often have hidden meanings in the things I write and sometimes they pop up in the mind and I have to use my popup blocker :)

Starrob

2. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Do you believe in *that* 100%? :D

WOW, do tell us more stories about deep dark Asia... I'm sure most of us will appreciate it, given that only a few of us have being to Asia.

Are people anywhere?

For someone who believes in this, you sure enjoy critising *other* people for critising *other* people. :eek:

As for your jokes about hooks and popups, I'm sure a moderator will come along and delete them soon :p

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

As this topic has gone so far off topic and become rather personal in nature (despite the earlier words of wilders staff [Dog]), I will lock it now and it will either remain so or be unlocked again once the administrators have decided it has been long enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.