Is TDS-3 tried to change Host file

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Rilla927, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi guys,

is TDS-3 supposed to modify your Host File to www.dscresearch.com or add to if you will?

I have reformatted a few times in the last few weeks due to the nasties, but I'm curious to know is it because I clicked ok to the Host File change or addition of www.dcsresearch. I'm not sure if I did the right thing, but I know after I clicked on the okay, I ended up with all my ports being attacked through PE. Everyone of the blue system ports kept coming back saying, "Bad Destination". The local address was 0.0.0.0 or asterisks for all these ports. Is there something I'm not understanding about PE? I assume Bad Destination pretty much spells it out.

If the Host File is legitamate, how do I go about? Because I'm scared to death to okay it again.

I accidentally closed port 984 in TDS-3, how can I reverse this, or should I?

This time after reformatting, PG was the first to go on my computer.

I have purchased PG,PE,WG,TDS-3 and I love the capabilities of the programs. It's taking me time to understand them, but I'll never give up, because they are too valuable.

Thanks for the help in advance
    Rilla927

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there and welcome.
    Yes TDS adds that one entry in the HOSTS file so pressing F5 will bring you to the forums in stead of a site with a former domain name which no longer belongs to DiamondCS.

Closing a port doesn\t matter, you can only close them byn killing an application on that or in the sockets or via the firewall. If any application needs exactly that port it will most probably tell you so. After a restart or reboot i suppose the port is free again if you did not close it permanently with the firewall settings.

Reformatted a few times even? What did you get your system infected with then which was not cleanable and which programs found them or warned you for what?

ALL ports attacked, with what, by whom?
    Screenshot available?
    Did you grant access to internet for Port Explorer in your firewall?

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

4. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

:) Thanks Jan

5. BlackHawk1

BlackHawk1 Registered Member

I see the host file change is still going on. :D

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Please explain yourself Blackhawk. We're talking about a wanted addition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.