Is SpywareBlaster a running process?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dcdc, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

I recently downloaded Process Explorer, and while I see two SpywareGuard processes running, I don't see SpywareBlaster at all, i.e. it is not listed as an .exe process.

This makes me wonder how SB is working to protect my system, or if it fact it is working on my machine at all. I just spent $10 for another year of updates, so I would like to know, if anyone can provide an answer or explanation.

I used to get a popup on the system tray that 'SpywareBlaster has verified and set the latest protection' or words to that effect whenever I booted up, but I don't see that anymore.

Any help would be appreciated. I think it's a common observation here that these two applications don't seem to do very much, or that not much seems to happen with them in terms of updates and the like, especially in contrast with other popular AS applications.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. stein

stein Registered Member

Which means you theoretically could design a "CounterSpywareBlaster" that downloads the protection blacklist/database and revert the kill bits in the registry?

Stein

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.