Is Speed-Battle the be-all end-all browser tester?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Sorry, but I'm back to a subject I brought up a week or so ago. x64 browsers like Cyberfox and Pale Moon score lower at S-B. There is definitely nothing wrong with my W7 SP1 system. 120 GB Kingston SSD with 8 GBs of RAM. S-B, among other utilities, verify I'm running x64. I'm not complaining, as there is no discernible difference between IE 11 (Which I keep around for website rendering problems that still occasionally occur with Ff), Cyberfox/Pale Moon and Ff, however, S-B scores are always around 100 higher over the x64 Ff variants and 300 to 400 higher over IE 11 with 14 Ff extensions enabled. Ff averages 1080/1090, occasionally hitting 1100. Cf can't get over the 1K hump. Mid summer, Cf always tested in the 1100s but then something changed, be it Ff, which the variants are still built on, my security products or perhaps Windows (update). My point is, is S-B really reliable? Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.