Is Rising Firewall FREE?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tonyseeking, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

LOL! That's why i bother to explain this twisted thing! But even Twistees have their limits! :D

2. zen_usuario

zen_usuario Registered Member

Some "official" links for free RISING versions:

RISING Internet Security 2009 (RIS): http://rsdownload.rising.com.cn/for_down/rsfree/risfree09.exe

RISING Anti Virus 2009 (RAV): http://rsdownload.rising.com.cn/for_down/rsfree/ravfree09.exe

RISING Personal Firewall 2009 (RFW): http://rsdownload.rising.com.cn/for_down/rsfree/rfwfree09.exe

RISING PC Doctor (RPCDOC): http://www.rising-global.com/download/rising_pc_doctor/RPCDOC.exe

PC Doctor is BETA and english available (integration in "tools" tab after installed), the rest of RISING 2009 are Pre-releases (also english available).

If you like the AV final free current version, you can try to change the "09" from the download link to "08", and just is all. ;)

Free? Yes, (RISING said) free without noticeable limitations, for the 2009 vers the "Last Installer Creation Tool" asks for a "user key", so don't available for free users. Their free versions policy is a bite misterious, and seems not for the masses access, but for me nothing wrong.

For me: no cost + full functions + updates + support + no nags + no spam = full free :D , and for you? Are you tried to question something directly to RISING team, I've had it and always I've got fast answered reply. Just my own experience with, but definetively nice :thumb:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  3. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

It seems that Rising Firewall 2009 available at the present isn't the final and public version yet. It is a test version only.

There will be a FREE 2009 version further along. Like you can see in ellison64'post:
    Public 2009 version isn't ready yet: Rising Softwares 2009 are coming soon!

For now I'm using Rising Firewall 2008 FREE version. It works like a charm: 3 MB Ram usage (against 16 MB in PC Tools Firewall); without conflits with others app. (unlike PC Tools with their newest HIPS'based firewall; see their forum with claims about); I'm working with Avast anti virus.

Wisely Rising keeps HIPS's feature to their Anti virus. In a firewall it's better to use NIPS's features only: operating precautions adviced.

If someone is interested can download Rising Personal Firewall Free 2008 here: Link1 or Link2.

4. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

No it is NOT!

I don't know those links. Very dodgy and I suspect the links you gave don't have the official Rising Firewall, but hacked infected programs that trick people into thinking it's the official Rising Firewall

If Rising is really free, why aren't they offering it on their offical website?

http://www.rising-global.com/

They only offer Rising Firewall for free when you purchase their AV program.

And look at this link:

http://www.rising-global.com/Publish...0629170246.htm

Notice their Firewall is TRIAL verison, NOT FREE!

5. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

plz dont just copy and paste ur replies in multiple threads plz, until u know what ur talking about, dont make accusations like that, just makes u look stupid when MULTIPLE people here have said it IS free and the company itself has said the FW will stay FREE, they just do not tell the public.

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

There`s the rub. Why? :doubt:

7. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

8. tonyseeking

1. You don't tell me what to do. You are delusional if you think you can.

2. I know more what I am talking about than you do.

3. I am not the one looking stupid. You are the one claiming Rising Firewall 2008 is free on its own.

4. It's not free, only free if a person buys the AV.

5. No good pointing us to a website that does not belong to the company.

9. zen_usuario

1- RISING Personal Firewall Free Edition 2008 is free and (RISING team said) still free.

2- FW2009 vers is a pre-release, when final build succes, will exists a 2009 free vers.

3- There are also trial versions (downloaded for free from the main web page).

4- If you are using FW2008free and final FW2009free success, you must uninstall the 2008 vers before upgrading to the newer FW2009free vers, and still free, of course. The paid registered versions users can upgrade to 2009 directly without uninstalling the FW2008 vers.

5- Nowadays the FW2008free itsn't available from RISING sources, but was, so exists.

6- Frequently the "main" web page of the vendors not shows all they can offer you, and RISING itsn't an exception.

7- RISING never showed their Free versions for people offering at their "main" web page, only trials (31 days) for free download. So, whats wrong with?

8- Have you questioned something directly to RISING team? They can answer you better way than posting you here for nothing. Please, if you are in dubt, ask them, and you should be satisfied.

My own conclussion: RISING FW2008 Free exists and updates are available. When the newer "final release" FW2009 Free version becomes, can be mandatory to install the newer for get updates, but I'm not all sure about this. Time will shows us this.

10. firzen771

Whatever, thus is my last post replying to this guy, looking at ur other topics ive come to the conclusion that ur extremely paranoid, or just like making a scene and cant admit wen ur wrong even though many people have told you IT IS free and safe, continue to live in ur little bubble

11. tonyseeking

Then why isn't it available for free download from their official website? Need I say more?

12. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

There was a six month trial for their paid firewall floating around somewhere.

13. zen_usuario

I don't know why. Perhaps, you can ask them for their reassons. Personally, I'm not worry about it. They have a bussines, they are vendoors, and they provide some soft for free, but not for widely all people access. In the fact, the free versions aren't crippled or limited in security functions. So if these are widely allowed for all people, Why to buy or pay a registered version? They are protecting their bussines, but allowing other "non potential purchasers", or for feedback information, for developing his soft, for pass to pass introduce it to the "west" market,.....who knows their reassons?
    These last are my own thoughts, of course.

14. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

And how do they explain this?

Sorry our English is Bad o_O??

I suppose that they will give their FW for free if they want to stay in the game.

Comodo is giving free FW and now AV, PC Tools are doing the same.

And if they only want to focus on Asia market i think that Symantec (trought PC Tools) will want to acquire bigger market part.

15. 2good

2good Guest

This is for Tony

Hi guys,

RISING AV 2009 (rav09), FW 2009 (rfw09) and IS 2009 (ris09) are pre-release builds.

See you this link "Rising Softwares 2009 are coming soon!": http://www.rising-global.com/Published/Inf...90130214457.htm.

Yes wink.gif there is a "RISING Internet Security" (suite), and it's available for download a Free version at this link: http://rsdownload.rising.com.cn/for_down/r...e/risfree09.exe

All the RISING Free versions don't provide "User ID", so the "Last Installer Creation Tool" itsn't available for use with these.

Also there is a very nice & powered RISING AntiTrojan-AntiSpyware and more tool, named RISING PC Doctor, english available, last vers (updating it) is 6.0.0.3 BETA, good integration with the AV ("Tools" tab), free also.
    The link for download it: http://www.rising-global.com/download/risi...ctor/RPCDOC.exe

Just for some information: aren't "final & stable" official releases. ;)

16. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

It's a common "trick" in many products with trial versions to have a "free download!" link or button. It means you can freely download it, but doesn't mean it's freeware. The problem, is that they 've put it all together. They say "RISING software free download instructions" and the link is for the trial version. This should be "Rising firewall, free download instructions". (note the comma, it makes all the difference).

Anyway, either it's a satanic coincidence, or someone from Rising is reading this forum. There is now no mention about "free download" and actually on the left under "free utilities" there isn't the firewall: (they changed the website and actually have the 2009 as officialy out):

http://www.rising-global.com/Download/Home-Home-Office/Rising-Firewall-2009.html

OF course the free version, exists. But at least now one won't download by mistake the trial as free.

Comodo and PC Tools have their own marketing policy, the people at Rising seem to have their own... A very complicated one.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  17. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

The only observation I have on Rising's firewall is that it doesn't stealth ports at Shields Up port scan test.

18. tonyseeking

REMOVE RIsing immediately then :thumbd:

19. the Tester

I already replaced the firewall.

20. zen_usuario

Or check your FW configuration....

21. zen_usuario

22. firzen771

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
  23. the Tester

Zen,
    The port scan report that I had showed almost all of the ports blue(closed) with 6 or so green(stealth). None of the ports were red. So for me it's not that ports are open,most are not stealthed.

24. MeFer

MeFer Registered Member

Are you using router?

25. the Tester

Yes. I have a router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.