Is Prevx SafeOnline WIn 7 logo certified?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by NBP Pipsquack Bird, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NBP Pipsquack Bird

NBP Pipsquack Bird Registered Member

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This is intentional - SafeOnline and Prevx 3.0 are both built upon the same underlying base software, which is what is Windows 7 certified. Both SafeOnline and Prevx 3.0 (and the combined product which you get when downloading either) are fully compatible with Windows 7 :)

3. NBP Pipsquack Bird

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification Joe!

On a side topic are you aware of any incompatibilities with Safe Online and Robofrom 2 Go?

My wife uses that program run from her thumb drive. She showed me that sometimes after inserting the thumb drive and running the Roboform app - the Roboform IE taskbar doesn't load in the browser window. Disabling Prev or a simple reboot solves things for awhile but returns.
    Specs are Win 7 x64, running as Standard User (LUA), Prevx w SOL full licese v3.0.5.67, and latest version of Roboform 2 Go.

Any thoughts appreciated!

4. PrevxHelp

Yes, you may need to disable SafeOnline to allow Roboform2go to work properly, but we're working on adding an exception to make this process more streamlined.

The issue lies in the fact that Prevx is blocking every program from accessing the browser windows and memory which will block programs which use addons like Roboform2go.

Let me know if you run into anything else! :)

5. NBP Pipsquack Bird

Thanks Joe.

And please do add that to the list of possible fixes for the next beta and official release.
    These thumb drive password managers attempt to achieve the same security goal as Prevx SafeOnline - that regardless of what nasties may exist on a computer, logging into sites and online transactions can be done securely.

I can definitely empathise with what your software engineer team must face each day. As in this example one must disable one security measuire in order to use another.

One note you might want to add to Roboform bug on a sticky note - It seems when she uses her Roboform2Go on my netbook the browser toolbar shows fine everytime. The netbook is running Win7 32 bit, IE, Prevx v3.0.5.67 with only a license for the SOL module - nut full Prevx. Also Prevx auto updated from v3.0.5.50. (Hope thats more clear than a jar of mud!)

I will point the wife at this thread and am happy to pick this convo up in the beta forum if preferred.

6. NBP Pipsquack Bird

7. PrevxHelp

I'll be checking with our Logo liaison later today to see what the status is on this :) Thanks for the heads up!

The Roboform version I've tested with appears to work properly - could you send me details on what version you're using and what OS?

Thanks! :)

8. NBP Pipsquack Bird

Thanks for looking into the logo stuff. Logos give many customers a (sometimes unwarranted) a "warm fuzzy."

On Roboform. I have no problem with Roboform2Go 6.9.99, Win7 Home x86 and IE8.
    Wifes computer has the problem - Roboform v6.9.97 or 6.9.99, Win7 Pro x64 and IE8.

When she opens IE8 (32 bit) the Roboform browser taskbar does not load. Fully disable Prevx, start up IE and the browser task bar does load. I'll ask her tomorrow if she's ok with you running a remote session from her PC if needs be.

(Some days this 64 bit Windows stuff is more a hinderance than a help!)

9. NBP Pipsquack Bird

One additional detail:
    She's logged in with a Standard User account, not an Administrator account.

10. NBP Pipsquack Bird

Just an update, Joe:

Since Saturday, Roboform has been working on this end. Not sure if you folks tweaked something one your end.
    One slight "issue" if you can see about resolving -
    Roboform taskbar appears and works in IE8, but if a new tab or a second IE8 window is opened, Roboform taskbar is not present.

Thanks.

11. PrevxHelp

It might be worth sending over a scan log by clicking Tools > Save Scan Results and sending it to report@prevxresearch.com. It's possible that we're blocking some component of the taskbar which is preventing it from loading further within the browser but I'll know more once I see a log :)

Thanks!

12. NBP Pipsquack Bird

will do this eve.

13. NBP Pipsquack Bird

Hey Joe,

Roboform2Go problems continue. Its getting a bit frustrating
    Win 7 Pro x64, Windows Standard User Account.

Open IE8 x86
    Roboform2Go toolbar appears, Prevx icon present.
    Problems:
    1. Open a new tab - no Roboform toolbar.
    2. Open a new IE window - no Roboform toolbar.
    ** 3. Toolbar remains in the first tab of the first opened IE window. But if I close IE8 and reopen it later, sometimes Roboform2Go toolbar is there, sometimes not.

**Only way to restore Roboform2Go toolbar if this problem happens is to reboot the PC.

Not sure if this is in anyway related to the Google Toolbar bug?
    Also, Joe, whatever you did on your end back when you posted in this thread previously did help the Roboform2Go issues, the fix just doesn't seem to stick.

This is starting to interrupt my workflow. And if nothing else, I'm trying to reboot my PCs less often, not multiple times a day.

(All 3 problems listed above disappear if I disable or uninstall Prevx+SO)

Please advise...

14. PrevxHelp

It may be worth having a remote support session to solve these - I can't reproduce anything here with the normal Roboform install or Roboforom2Go. Could you send me a PM if you'll be interested/available for a remote support session? We should be able to schedule a time anytime today or during the week :)

Thanks!

15. 1Jnodder

1Jnodder Registered Member

Was this issue ever resolved? I've been considering purchasing a Windows 7 64 bit machine and want to use RoboForm 6.10.0 on it with Prevx 3.0.

16. PrevxHelp

As far as I've heard, we do not currently have any incompatibilities with Roboform. If you have any issues using it with Prevx in your setup, we can certainly take a look at what may be going wrong :)

17. 1Jnodder

1Jnodder Registered Member

Thank you for the responce. Especially since RoboForm has no forum..very conservative on their part. Thank you for having this place to solve problems..Jeff

18. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

19. PrevxHelp

All Prevx products are fundamentally identical - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...=Prevx&uid=3&l=en&pf=0&pi=1&s=prevx&os=64-bit - our Enterprise product is 64bit certified and therefore the consumer version(s) and SafeOnline are as well (it is the same software).

I don't know if we're re-submitting the specific versions but it is a bit unnecessary as it all results in the same download :)

20. Jav

Jav Guest

Hi,
    does safe online act on similar way in regards to browsers own extensions?

21. PrevxHelp

Browser extensions, as long as they are trusted, should be able to load without a problem :)

22. Jav

Jav Guest

ok, Thank you.

23. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hi Joe,

yes I know that, but not the ones which browsing the Microsoft site.
    Potential new users and customers are confused and puzzled.

It's no problem for me, but for your company, because these users may not use your software because of this "failure". ;)

regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.