is prevx 3.0 webroot good enough stand alone scanner

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by winterlord, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

I am not so much afraid :D .. but frankly VERY GLAD about this clear statement! :thumb:

Very true! And the voice of reason is very welcome here. :thumb:

Exactly. And that's very important to ME (and I am sure also to many others here on Wilders, a place for so called "power users" btw)! - Because of that I fight against any attempt to unnecessarily "dumb down" that great Piece Of Software just to please every simpleton and his grandma (I am talking about the "simple GUI approach" which I as a power user very much hate in some products like for example Secunia v3!) and I will always try to prohibit this way that the letters P, O & S are getting sticked to WSA in a different meaning. :p

Good point! - But since MS does lately try to prohibit me choosing for example that ugly "modern GUI" getting completely out of the (desktop, non touch!!!) system the new OS product is not to my favor anymore and won't get installed. So I am just questioning I guess how long windows still gives us users the right to change anything and I am at the same time rooting for a linux Webroot SA product btw. ;)

YES and most people - some wilders people aside - do it this way I guess.

Right! I need a few special features which I am happy to have available in WSA. But I also know certain areas in GUI where I wouldn't go or even change things. And why should I?! But others might want to do that so I am NOT saying: "I don't need that, please kill those options as they confuse me!" And I know that I don't have to configure the product: IT JUST WORKS FINE BY INSTALLING IT WITH DEFAULT OPTIONS!

I think those sliders are a great way to have some influence for people that don't want to go through hundreds of hidden options, so great job and well done! :thumb:

We have many, many people on this planet. A product with a GUI can never please ALL of those people. (NO NO NO, please DON'T implement skin function! :D) And there are lots of bad GUI's out there, but the nice WSA GUI isn't one of them! - I have also a few ideas to make it even better, but then again ... millions of people would have different ideas .. so I suggest not getting to deep into it and I say developers should decide how their wonderful NON-BLOATWARE product is looking like. Feedback of users, if developers are convinced, can in the best case bring good changes, yes. But listening to everyone is a job that cannot be done in one lifetime. Too much malware out there too. :D

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Without being offensive, please get over yourself.

3. guest

guest Guest

Agree

4. fax

fax Registered Member

Of course :rolleyes:

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Sure you have the right to your own opinion, but so do I, and my opinion is that you're view on bloatware is wrong nothing more nothing less. :)

6. guest

guest Guest

Your are obviously one of those fringe guys that could be easily get rid of by declaring WinXP soon (in a year or so) as not supported anymore. You should be glad about any AV solution then that is running on your dismantled freak show system. :D

Don't understand me wrong, I am all for optimizing and speeding up systems and for sure fiercely AGAINST any sort of bloatware, but there is always a point where it gets religious and fanatic and at the same time also ridiculous.

Yes, any user that claims Webroot Secure Anywhere being bloatware at this point of development (v8.0.2.120 beta) is to me a "lunatic". That's my opinion and you have to swallow it and take it like a man. :cool:

I can accept that weird people are living in their own world of madness, but I won't accept without fighting back that those people are trying to have influence in the development of the ONE av-solution that really is NOT bloatware at all.

Just don't use any AV on your customized XP and be happy. Frankly in your definition everything seems to be bloatware, right? But if WSA is, anything else is too. And that is nothing else but total "madness", sorry. :cool:

7. fax

fax Registered Member

One could simply say "I do not like or understand the GUI", perfectly legitimate concern/opinion. The rest is FUS borderline to trolling. Sadly its not the first time. Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum :rolleyes:

8. guest

guest Guest

Oh, I must had touched a nerve, I don't give a crap that you think I should not have a opinion and by the way my "dismantled freak show system"
    will be up and running far after the support for XP ends and I'm pretty sure it would have no problem smoking yours

Haven't we got childish now, my fellow "lunatic", that's my opinion "NOW" you swallow it and take it like a man.

sorry about this post maybe it's time for the mod's to delete all these post
    or close the thread

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
  9. fax

fax Registered Member

10. guest

guest Guest

I'll get out my fiddle and play a sad song for you Mr. Fax man
    and the same goes for you, I don't give a crap that you don't share my opinion, everyone has a right to one, even you and including "ME"

11. fax

fax Registered Member

Oh yeah... I forgot to add this thread too on the list of "I couldn't care less if my arguments have little sense and keep repeating them all over... Its my opinion". Amen... LoL :)

12. guest

guest Guest

Do I need to play a second sad song on my fiddle for you?

13. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

As this thread is no longer productive, it is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.