is PC Tools Antivirus any good

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cruser921, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruser921

cruser921 Registered Member

hi all was just curious about PcTools antivirus as i use TF and there firewall so was curious about there AV. thanks all.

2. Farmand

Farmand Registered Member

3. cruser921

this is interesting as they say there is know diferance between pay and free on web site.

4. Farmand

Farmand Registered Member

It sure is.. But I believe more on review, than what it says on the web site..

5. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

6. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

PC Tools firewall 4 and latest 5 beta are quite good and sometimes issue more pop ups than threatfire, sometimes seems more sensitive.Good firewall but still has some little bugs.Lates version 5 seems extremelly light on a XP SP 3.You wont regret testing it:thumb:

7. cruser921

yes i use the firewall as of now for outbound stuff only as my router is inbound stuff. but how about there AV is it any good as they say it is :)

8. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Well the free is okay but you have to update it manually. The new way they're doing it not a good move. TF to me doesn't really do anything I use RegProt freeware and AVAST found more pest than PCAV did. PCAV doesn't even have have command scanner nor can you scan compress files manually. It does crash more often.

As for their Firewall Plus only 3.14 was the best one 4 slows down the systems. 5 is buggy. If you create a password and forget it you're out of luck you have to re-image OS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.